while typing this in, i can't help but notice that the text at the top half of this screen warns me to keep discussions calm and not to flame .... well, i'm sure gonna try ....
OK - lemme get this straight - you think that linux:
1. Is only for those who want to tinker with it (hobbyists)
2. Comes with unstable software
3. Has software which is never finished
4. Has package managers that promote stupidity
5. Uses proprietry file formats
I think i'll stop there for now - no use in dragging out _ALL_ the stupid things that were said, however i'll respond to the above points:
1. Sorry to burst your bubble here, but I (and many others) actually find Linux a productive alternative to other OS's. I do *ALL* my work on my linux box (surfing, etc is done on a windows box at work - company policy!). Just 'cos you are too retarded to productively use it, don't blame the software.
2. Hmmm....not sure if this even needs a comment - I never had vi crash on me (though notepad.exe is able to take my windows machine to the big network in the sky). I've had a few alpha pieces of software die on me, though that didn't really affect the other software running on my machine.
3. And Windows is ? Maybe you called ie3.01 &amp;quot;finished&amp;quot; ? I've got news for you ... _ALL_ software is 'work in progress'. We *KNOW* that the software needs more - I always thought that the version numbers on software indicated that it is a work in progress to everyone (unfortunately, though, I did not consider morons, and one of you people just *had* to mistake the number as &amp;quot;final version of completed software&amp;quot;)
4. I could be wrong here, but I'm sure that you were this way _before_ ever using package managers (be honest now !!!).
5. yeah !!! we also plan &amp;quot;closed commodotized protocols&amp;quot; so that we can garner a bigger piece of the market. Face it - it does not matter what you say - the fact that I am able to modify (or extract data from) any of the data files on my system, even when I no longer have the original application that wrote the file, sure beats the windows way of doing things - no app, no data, no export - of course stupid people have been long known to do stupid things (hey, maybe we'll next hear of you in a darwin award -you certainly fit the category: stupid and dont know it) and you seem to be no different
let's see - what can i add ...
I can see why _you_ need to use windows - you're too stupid to use anything that doesn't come with $300mil worth of persuasion.
Also, Could you please stop telling everyone that they should be using linux only as a hobby - it's a serious system that's actually a lot more stable than you think. You remind me of someone (not the brightest light on the tree)
Of course, you don't actually use linux, now do you ? Don't ask how I know (well, for one, people would not have been responding to your comment telling you how to do the things that you were complaining about not being able to do) but it's blatantly obvious that you are really clueless.
btw: does i.m.batman mean anything to you ???
just checking ...