Comments for xlike Kernel Patchset

26 Jun 2007 04:19 inaam

Need help to find other enhancements out there that could be added as are currently in the set
Respected Sir, I'm plaining to release patchset for 2.6.20 and 2.6.21 but at this time lot of projects don't releases interesting kernel enhancements. Sir guide me for interesting kernel enhancements or projects that releases support for above mentioned versions. Sir please point out project names or patches that can be added. Looking for your kind & positive response.
m0hs|n

25 Jun 2007 05:04 inaam

Respected Sir,

Looking for your kind & positive response.
m0hs|n

18 Mar 2007 20:14 jengelh

Re: Source
(Which is now ccj_kernel (http://freshmeat.net/p/ccj_kernel/))

15 Mar 2007 09:34 imipak

Re: Good to see someone is still working on the megapatches
"Respected Sir"? I've not been knighted yet for my Open Source work... :)

Seriously, I'll do what I can do help you with Xen and a few other interesting kernel patches out there. There is a lot of very exciting work going on at the moment, although project maintainers don't always spend as much time as they could on making it easy for megapatch maintainers.

18 Feb 2007 06:11 inaam

Re: Good to see someone is still working on the megapatches
Respected Sir,

Thanks for your kind comments on my project this will definitely encourage me to keep on working. Sir guide me for other enhancements that can be added to this project. I'm trying to add support of Xen into following kernel releases 2.6.18, 2.6.19 & 2.6.20 but no luck.

Looking for your positive response.

Regards

m0hs|n

18 Feb 2007 06:10 inaam

Re: Good to see someone is still working on the megapatches

> There are probably as many other

> enhancements out there

> that could be added as are currently in

> the set, but it turns

> out that remains true even when you have

> added them.

> Unfortunately, the number of conflicts

> between patches

> grows exponentially with the number of

> patches added.

> Sadly, re-use of code is still not as

> much of a priority as it

> could be, and the vanilla kernel doesn't

> have nearly

> enough hooks within those parts of the

> code that are

> highly mutable to make patching a simple

> task.

> I envy anyone who has the patience to

> keep plugging away

> at this. It's not easy.

Respected Sir,

Looking for your positive response.

Regards

m0hs|n

16 Feb 2007 22:07 imipak

Good to see someone is still working on the megapatches
There are probably as many other enhancements out there
that could be added as are currently in the set, but it turns
out that remains true even when you have added them.

Unfortunately, the number of conflicts between patches
grows exponentially with the number of patches added.
Sadly, re-use of code is still not as much of a priority as it
could be, and the vanilla kernel doesn't have nearly
enough hooks within those parts of the code that are
highly mutable to make patching a simple task.

I envy anyone who has the patience to keep plugging away
at this. It's not easy.

04 Feb 2007 17:57 jengelh

Source
Patches originate from the jen_kernel (http://freshmeat.net/p/jen_kernel/) patchset.