Projects / Wine / Comments

Comments for Wine

22 Aug 2012 03:54 domperignon

Moved from Windows to Ubuntu and Wine solves a lot of problems with software. Thanks for this project!

09 Oct 2011 15:06 twickline

If you want to use CrossOver Games, you can apply EmulateMe as your dealcode in CodeWeavers store and save 15% off CrossOver Games.

CrossOver Games uses Wine with some tweaks to help performance and stability for many of todays most popular Games. So save some $$$ and use EmulateMe as your dealcode in CodeWeavers online store!

04 Apr 2008 20:53 sempre

New Release
April 4, 2008: Wine 0.9.59 Released

Wine 0.9.59 was released today, with the following main changes:

* Improved support for the .NET framework.

* Better services handling through a separate services.exe process.

* Support for ATI fragment shader.

* Better support for http proxies.

* Window management fixes.

* Pre-compiled fonts are now available in the source tree.

* Lots of bug fixes.

Binary packages are in the process of being built and it may take a few days for them to appear, but the source is available now. You can find out more about this release in the announcement. Check out our download page for packages for your distribution.

16 Sep 2007 16:05 twickline

Blog about Wine
Hello,

I've started a little blog about Wine (http://wine-review.blogspot.com/), and post about the Applications and Games that I have got to run. With what I hope is clear and informative instructions for other to use. There are also allot of screen-shots of each step involved in the install and first run of the App or Game.

02 Apr 2007 23:15 mdnava

Re: Great program worth the effort
%start quote%
> eventually got Diablo 2, it's expansion,
> the latest patch, and Battle.net
> support, all running, all under the
> latest build of Wine
%end quote%

Diablo 2?... I'm impressed, last two times I tried wine I ended up frustrated, last time for example I was trying to run an application made in Visual Basic but I had many issues on the way. First I had some missing DLLs I had to search for, then there where the problems with the "registry". After I successfully opened the app It couldn't work well with sockets, it seems it lacked winsock compatibility at the time.

I hope wine evolves into a full win32 loader for Unix/Linux if it hasn't already, Gotta admit I haven't tried again for quite some time.

Mel (http://www.venezolano.web.ve/)

30 May 2006 12:29 guitarfan

Great Project
I'm really impressed by this project. Being able to run a lot of different Windows programs from inside Linux has helped out quite a lot. Keep up the great work!

13 Apr 2006 10:08 KdEsp

v0.9.12
Version 0.9.12 of WINE has been released on April 13, 2006.

05 Apr 2006 04:04 KdEsp

Update
Version 0.9.11 has been released at March 31, 2006.

09 Nov 2005 09:32 TheSpoonman

Re: Will this run on a Mac OSX

> Wondering if this will run under X on a

> Mac?

Not yet. There were a couple of people working on "integrating" qemu with wine so it could run. The problem is current Macs use a PowerPC architecture. wine only implements, essentially, the OS not the hardware. Next gen Macs using Intel will more than likely be able to use wine, in fact Codeweavers has already said that they intend to support OSx86 fully.

12 Oct 2005 02:46 firespire

Great program worth the effort
Although it is 3am and I've been working steadily for the last 5 hours (half of which was jerking around with Cedega), I eventually got Diablo 2, it's expansion, the latest patch, and Battle.net support, all running, all under the latest build of Wine (using the prebuilt Slackware package, an optimized compile comes later :) ).

Great to see the effort being put into Wine, it's a really useful piece of software and was fun to learn about (especially with the extensive documentation). If you dual boot, try migrating over some Windows apps, I know I'll be booting into my Windows install about 90% less now.

Keep up the good work!