Projects / WebGUI / Comments

Comments for WebGUI

04 Dec 2009 11:49 ehabheikal

Amazing Enterprise class CMS. Been around for ages, keeps getting better, just look at the changelog. running it for sites that get millions of pageviews per month.

18 Aug 2007 09:35 EvandroSchmitz

Congratulations - WEBGUI itīs the best CMS
I have compared a lot of CMS options, and WEBGUI it´s really the most complete and powerfull.

Congratulations !

05 Jul 2006 15:53 synq

Hurray!
Finally, after years of very hard work WebGUI 7 has arrived!

This is the beginning of a new era in Open Source CMSes.

19 Aug 2005 00:30 nuopus

Re: Please explain "platform independent"
When people refer to a software as platform independant they refer to the OS at the platform. MySQL and Apache are additional pieces of software required by WebGUI to run, these pieces of software ALSO run on the platform (being the OS.)

WebGUI does NOT run ON TOP of MySQL, but rather along with it.

> I'm confused by the claim that this is

> "platform independent",

> followed closely by several dependencies

> (Apache, MySQL). Aren't these

> platforms?

> Bottom line: will this run on Windows

> IIS with MS SQL? I'm asking because a)

> that's what my host provides and b)

> that's what a lot of potential clients

> of my business use.

> Thanks,

> Jim

23 Nov 2004 10:09 acaiado81

Re: Please explain "platform independent"
I believe the "platform" they are describing is the Operating System on which this software can run. Both Apache, and MySQL are open source services which will run on a UNIX or Microsoft based machine. If you, and your clients already have an MS based server, installing these two free software packages should not be a big deal. I did not see anything but ANSI SQL, so perhaps Ms SQL would work, and IIS for displaying the HTML, but if not, I'm sure it would not be a big deal for your provider to install these packages as they do not have to pay licensing. Also if need be, contact me, I provide hosting services with Apache and MySQL on a 10mbit backbone, and would be more than happy to assist you with your hosting needs.

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards,

Arthur J. Caiado

> I'm confused by the claim that this is

> "platform independent",

> followed closely by several dependencies

> (Apache, MySQL). Aren't these

> platforms?

> Bottom line: will this run on Windows

> IIS with MS SQL? I'm asking because a)

> that's what my host provides and b)

> that's what a lot of potential clients

> of my business use.

> Thanks,

> Jim

27 Sep 2004 14:36 certel

Great Job
THanks for the submission

28 Jun 2004 12:13 pforemski

Free Software and Free Manuals
Simple - just Perl guys...

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-doc.html (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-doc.html)

:P

03 Mar 2004 23:06 carpeweb

Please explain "platform independent"
I'm confused by the claim that this is "platform independent", followed closely by several dependencies (Apache, MySQL). Aren't these platforms?

Bottom line: will this run on Windows IIS with MS SQL? I'm asking because a) that's what my host provides and b) that's what a lot of potential clients of my business use.

Thanks,
Jim

09 Jan 2004 09:46 davidpaule

Great Project
Been using it for over a year now. Very active. Great support by JT and other contributors (though I subscribed). Easily configurable and extensible. Improvements are made regularly. Overall great CMS!

07 Jan 2004 07:49 rizen

Re: The Documentation
WebGUI is a complex system. It has over 100,000 lines of code and thousands of features. You cannot expect to just "pick it up". It takes a little tinker time.

However, I concede that a short primer is needed, that's why we've added one to WebGUI 6 (will be released shortly).