Projects / wbar / Comments

Comments for wbar

13 May 2010 18:16 beattie

dtigue: Did you every get a response? If nobody is maintaining the project and the author can't be found it can always be forked. I'm doing some work for myself to put together a touchpad UbuntuRemix of my own and wbar is one of the things I have found that I'd like to use. But to make it really work I'd like to add submenues and docking. If you or anybody else would like to join me in doing a little work on wbar leave a comment here or send me a message. Meanwhile I'll try to get intouch with the current owner.

06 Jan 2010 18:39 guisacouto

if someone could find a way to set wbar in dual head(screen) monitors it would be great!
the thing is that I can't set it up on the monitor that I want.. the best way to get this right would be if there was an option to set X and Y variables..

regards!

23 Sep 2009 19:13 dtigue

I love wbar all my business and personal computers use. You get the eyecandy without the bloat. I was wondering if this project is still being maintained, if not then I'd like to take over and keep wbar alive.

03 Sep 2009 21:33 lai

Never mind, I figured it out: stdlib.h and it compiles just fine.

03 Sep 2009 21:24 lai

rfelsburg, the angle brackets were stripped out of your comment. What needs to be #included?

30 Aug 2009 19:45 rfelsburg

#include <stdlib.h>

needs to be added to the top of IconLoader.cc and SuperBar.cc

and that will fixc the problem of 'getenv' not being in scope/declared, the library that declares the function isn't included.

03 Aug 2009 12:10 ManuelDomke

IconLoader.cc:20: error: ‘getenv’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [IconLoader.o] Error 1

I also had this problem, here's a fix:
Just replace getenv("HOME"); with the path to your home directory e.g.: "/home/user"
You have to do that in about three files and compile then, should work.
If someone has problems using the wbar in dual screen mode i'll have a fix too

22 Apr 2009 13:31 hendedav

I am using Kubuntu 8.10 4 Remix and I noticed the project has the imlib2-dev dependency. I installed libimlib2-dev and moved on the 'make' command. However, when I run make, I get the following error:

$ make
g++ `imlib2-config --cflags` -Wall -O2 -c -o XWin.o XWin.cc
XWin.cc: In constructor ‘XWin::XWin(int, int, int, int)’:
XWin.cc:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
XWin.cc:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
g++ `imlib2-config --cflags` -Wall -O2 -c -o Icon.o Icon.cc
g++ `imlib2-config --cflags` -Wall -O2 -c -o Bar.o Bar.cc
g++ `imlib2-config --cflags` -Wall -O2 -c -o IconLoader.o IconLoader.cc
IconLoader.cc: In constructor ‘IconLoader::IconLoader(const char*)’:
IconLoader.cc:20: error: ‘getenv’ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [IconLoader.o] Error 1

What do I need to do in order to resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Dave

01 May 2008 20:16 vec7

Re: GUI configuration tool

> % I tried running the GUI conf tool.

> % I got this:

> %

> % $ wbarconf

> % wbar configuration gui

> % Copyright 2008 Mika Hynnä

> %

> % this program is distributed under the

> % terms of the GNU General Public

> % gui = WbarGui()

> % File "/usr/bin/wbarconf", line 253,

> in

> % __init__

> %

> self.treeview.set_tooltip_text("Drag

> % and Drop to change order")

> % AttributeError: 'gtk.TreeView' object

> % has no attribute 'set_tooltip_text'

> %

> Lookslike you have too old pygtk

> installed, try upugrading it and see if

> that helps. Also the wbarconf is now

> greatly improved with version 0.6.4.

AttributeError: 'gtk.TreeView' object has no attribute 'set_tooltip_text'

I to get the error using your latest. I'm on slackware 12.0 have installed python-2.5.2 and the latest pygtk-2.12.1

can you help please

21 Apr 2008 16:24 ighea

Re: GUI configuration tool

> I tried running the GUI conf tool.

> I got this:

> $ wbarconf

> wbar configuration gui

> Copyright 2008 Mika Hynnä

> this program is distributed under the

> terms of the GNU General Public License

> Shared configuration found:

> /usr/share/wbar/dot.wbar

> Config file read

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> File "/usr/bin/wbarconf", line 682, in

> ?

> gui = WbarGui()

> File "/usr/bin/wbarconf", line 253, in

> __init__

> self.treeview.set_tooltip_text("Drag

> and Drop to change order")

> AttributeError: 'gtk.TreeView' object

> has no attribute 'set_tooltip_text'

Lookslike you have too old pygtk installed, try upugrading it and see if that helps. Also the wbarconf is now greatly improved with version 0.6.4.