Projects / Videotrans

Videotrans

videotrans is a set of scripts that convert a movie file in any format that mplayer understands to a DVD-compatible VOB file, doing all the necessary conversions automatically. An automatic DVD menu generator is also provided.

Tags
Licenses
Operating Systems
Implementation

Recent releases

  •  28 Aug 2011 12:12

    Release Notes: This release includes fix-ups to the manual pages. Installation of files (especially their modes) is better. There is an extra hint for a certain error condition. The C software now compiles on Ubuntu Oneiric again.

    •  08 Jul 2007 09:30

      Release Notes: All sorts of clean-up was done. Some long-waiting feature requests have been implemented. In general, the program should work on more systems now.

      •  09 May 2007 20:41

        Release Notes: A bug has been fixed in the function library that detects audio and video parameters. This bug caused the audio rate of a given audio to be wrong sometimes. ffmpeg cannot resample from 5 to 6 channels when encoding AC3 files, and MPlayer cannot do this conversion either. Therefore, this release uses the number of channels from the source, if this number is greater than 2. The parameters for ffmpeg have been changed (the 'k' in the -ab option has been added). The determination of the number of audio channels in the input has been fixed. This was sometimes incorrectly zero.

        •  26 Aug 2006 18:49

          Release Notes: A bug was fixed in movie-title where movie-title would call ImageMagick's convert with wrong parameters, producing a defective PNG which would cause spumux (in the dvdauthor package) to crash later on in the building process. Whether this would happen or not seems fairly random, but it was a big nuisance that affected a lot of users. movie-rip-tv.com now works again with tv.com's new URL format.

          •  31 May 2006 12:47

            Release Notes: There was a bug in movie-rip-tv.com where the summary of an episode would not be grabbed if there was a movie icon next to the summary. The newest version of ImageMagick does not work in the way that other versions of ImageMagick worked regarding the transparent color of the overlay image used in the DVD menu generation in the movie-title program. This has now been changed to use PNG instead of GIF, and should work in all versions of ImageMagick.

            Recent comments

            17 Feb 2007 15:42 svenberkvens

            Re: 1.5.2 not working for me


            > Just wanted to let people know that I'm

            > not getting this to work. There are some

            > bugs apparently, and it sucks because

            > the encoding step is done first, so you

            > waste two hours just to find out it

            > doesn't work.

            The problem that you are encountering is caused by the latest version of DVDAuthor, which has, alas, introduced some bugs on UNIX platforms. See below for more comments on this.

            > For me the dvdauthor step first didn't

            > want to accept an 'mplex' command

            > embeded into the xml control file. I ran

            > it by hand, and substituted the output

            > file for the command, which worked fine.

            That's right. A bug in the latest version of DVDAuthor causes this. If at all possible, I would suggest that you try to install a less recent version of DVDAuthor, for example 0.6.11. That will make the problems go away.

            > But then it complained about some wrong

            > settings for the title menu aspect

            > ratio, and that was the end of the line

            > for me.

            Again this is caused by the latest version of DVDAuthor, which interprets the XML differently from all other previous versions of the same program. And once again, a downgrade to version 0.6.11 will solve all these problems. Another option is to remove the XML attribute that causes the problems (the error that DVDAuthor produces should tell you where to find it).

            I am looking into this, but currently I don't have as much time on my hands as I would like.

            Thanks for trying Videotrans!

            Sven

            17 Feb 2007 11:50 squisher

            1.5.2 not working for me
            Just wanted to let people know that I'm not getting this to work. There are some bugs apparently, and it sucks because the encoding step is done first, so you waste two hours just to find out it doesn't work.

            For me the dvdauthor step first didn't want to accept an 'mplex' command embeded into the xml control file. I ran it by hand, and substituted the output file for the command, which worked fine. But then it complained about some wrong settings for the title menu aspect ratio, and that was the end of the line for me.

            Screenshot

            Project Spotlight

            OpenStack4j

            A Fluent OpenStack client API for Java.

            Screenshot

            Project Spotlight

            TurnKey TWiki Appliance

            A TWiki appliance that is easy to use and lightweight.