Comments for Video Disk Recorder

10 Feb 2004 11:25 linuxwin

VDR configuration
After many trials, I succeeded in getting my skystar 2 card driver installed correctly. I installed VDR but I do not know how to configure it and run it. I did vdr but nothing happened. I saw the cursor hangs up till I did ctrl-c. Do I need to run another program with VDR to watch TV? How can I set my 4 way diseqc and from where I can get the sat data other than Astra?

06 Apr 2002 07:47 JAF84

Re: Another brainteaser
hi Sabine

please write to the mailing list next times, so we can help you faster. thx

look here:

mfg johannes

06 Apr 2002 07:28 hehol

Re: Another brainteaser

> Well, today's problem is: VDR reboots
> on certain channels. Like
> Sat.1, Pro-7 and Kabel 1. All channels
> on which this happens
> are at frequency 12480. I do not get
> any error message, not
> even a GPF and it's not an EmerncyExit
> either..

At least some patched versions of VDR 1.0.0pre5 have problems with Pro-7's AC3 APID. Nobody reported system reboots, though. Please subscribe to the VDR mailing list and describe your problem there. There are more people who can help you than here @fm.

04 Apr 2002 07:20 caboodle

Another brainteaser
Hi, seems like we get them all. *g*

Well, today's problem is: VDR reboots on certain channels. Like
Sat.1, Pro-7 and Kabel 1. All channels on which this happens
are at frequency 12480. I do not get any error message, not
even a GPF and it's not an EmerncyExit either..

I seem to remember this to be some special band but
can't remember which. Unfortunately our radio specialist left
the company so I cant ask anyone else.

Anyone got an idea whats going on?

Thanks, Sabine

26 Mar 2002 11:35 JAF84

Re: Bug: VDR hops channels after running for several hours
here the answere from klaus (the writer of the programm):

That's the EPG scanner starting after 5 hours of user inactivity.
Set the Setup parameter "EPG scan timeout" to 0 to turn this off.

26 Mar 2002 10:57 caboodle

Bug: VDR hops channels after running for several hours
We are using a slightly modified (streaming) 0.99 version of
VDR and have noticed that when it runs for a long time
(between 8 and 36 hours) VDR starts to hop channels by itself,
randomly changing channels every 4-15 seconds.
After restarting VDR this behaviour stops. Putting in a manual
chan does squat.

I'm reasonably sure this is no fault of my modifications. I'm
rather supecting the OSD code or the function that records
keypresses on the shell from where VDR is started.

We have not been able to find any pattern in the hopping and
we are sure nobody is pulling our leg by issuing telnet commands.

Has this happend to anyone else?

21 Dec 2001 00:20 JAF84

Re: Will there be streaming?
Hi Sabine,

I know, somebody is working on it,
I believe in some weeks you (and I) can watch
via Network

mfg Johannes

> VDR works nice with us but streaming to
> a socket for uni/multi/broadcast is
> sorely needed. Will streaming be
> included into VDR?

20 Dec 2001 08:40 caboodle

Will there be streaming?
VDR works nice with us but streaming to a socket for uni/multi/broadcast is sorely needed. Will streaming be included into VDR?