Projects / TWIG / Comments

Comments for TWIG

10 Oct 2002 17:45 SodaBrew

Re: Be aware: twig creates cookies with cleartext password

> Subject says all.
> Clean cookies when your session is
> finished, i.e. in internet cafes.

(this note coming from a TWIG primary developer ;-)

True, this is the default configuration, but only because it is the easiest mode to debug. Sometimes users have trouble with Apache and PHP configuration, and think it's TWIG at fault, so we try to keep the defaults super-plainly-easy.

Once everything is working, the documention suggests that you do tighten up the security. TWIG provides several modes, such as session length, multipart cookies (which do not contain a password, but rather a "session identifier hash"). Using an SSL web server is highly encouraged, too.

18 Mar 2002 18:35 briancary

excellent application
I started with IMP, but could never get through all the configuration files, and eventually gave up. TWIG is fantastic, just what I've been looking for to do group collaboration, scheduling, email etc. all from a web browser. The install instructions were clear and it all worked for me immediately. This package has web based administration, lots of configuration and customization abilities, and there is more in this software than first meets the eye. Great Job! Keep up the great work guys.

27 Sep 2001 10:25 jfh01

Be aware: twig creates cookies with cleartext password
Subject says all.

Clean cookies when your session is finished, i.e. in internet cafes.

04 Jul 2001 19:08 shaman

Phew! 2.7.0 is out.
Sorry to lose faith. 6 months made me nervous.

However, now I feel responsible for perhaps creating an issue. 2.7.0 has some fairly substantial bugs that need resolution.

I suggest anyone going to 2.7.0 approach it with the idea of finding bugs for the development team. I've reported four, three of which are potential show-stoppers.

29 Jun 2001 13:17 anim8

Re: OH NO!

> It appears that this application has
> been discontinued by the developer!
> I've sent off a message to them... I
> hope not, this is a Grade A piece of
> software.

http://twig.screwdriver.net/ is up.

Development Versions are available from the
download page.

* twig-cvs-06-29-2001.tar.gz (snaphot taken at
1am on Jun. 29, 2001)

27 Jun 2001 15:24 shaman

Re: OH NO!
I've had no reply from the e-mail addresses I sent a query to. :(

23 Jun 2001 06:55 elfpenner

Re: OH NO!

> It appears that this application has
> been discontinued by the developer!
> I've sent off a message to them... I
> hope not, this is a Grade A piece of
> software.

At this moment their website twig.screwdriver.net
is unavailable.....
I don't hope they realy stopped...
Because I like Twig verry much.

If they realy stop we have to start it up again...
and continue development.

A few weeks ago I read that they offer official
support for twig..... strange.

Greetings,
Dirk

13 Jun 2001 11:12 shaman

OH NO!
It appears that this application has been discontinued by the developer! I've sent off a message to them... I hope not, this is a Grade A piece of software.

12 Oct 1999 10:09 shaman

The best
I haven't found another mail/web app even remotely as good. Waiting as patiently as possible for v2.0 stable