Projects / TightVNC / Comments

RSS Comments for TightVNC

08 Apr 2005 07:22 vegascoop

Log-in / Log-out
Any chance the next version of the program will be able to start prior to a user loging in on Windows XP?

That way you'd be able to log-in/log-out without losing a connection and be able to reboot the computer and then log back on.

I've tried running the program as a service, but it still seems to lack this functionality.

02 Apr 2005 16:15 johnnycash2k5 Thumbs up

Great Program
Been using this program to communicate between my mp3 server and my laptop. Easy and cheap solution to remotely control other computers in your network. Keep up the good work.

14 Dec 2004 21:41 const

Re: Newsbin Pro & TightVNC

> CPU usage goes to 100% if I connect

> remotely to my winvnc.exe and I'm

> downloading some binaries from any

> newsgroup using nbpro.exe. If I close

> Newsbin the CPU goes back to normal.

Please report this issue to the TightVNC bug tracker as described at www.tightvnc.com/bugs.... (www.tightvnc.com/bugs....), and we'll try to investigate the problem.

Thank you.

14 Dec 2004 12:04 Bruce_

Newsbin Pro & TightVNC
Constantin,

Have you done any testing with Newsbin Pro 4.32 (or other versions) and TightVNC (also any version) running simultaneously? Maybe you can give it a shot and run these on your debuggers to see what's causing the problem at least.

CPU usage goes to 100% if I connect remotely to my winvnc.exe and I'm downloading some binaries from any newsgroup using nbpro.exe. If I close Newsbin the CPU goes back to normal. If I close all winvnc connections while nbpro.exe is running the CPU goes back to normal. The moment that nbpro.exe is running and I make a connection remotely, CPU usage is constantly at 100%. Newsbin guys are telling me it's a Tight/WinVNC problem. I'm not convinced it is but it may be true.

Any thoughts or comments on this? I've reported this as a tightvnc bug at sourceforge already.

There's also a large thread on this at:

forum.newsbin.com/view...

I'm following that thread closely and there's no solution or workaround.

10 Mar 2004 00:35 const

Re: Icon in Service Tray

> There is an extremely inelegant solution
> to be had by editing the source code.
> While I don't remember exactly which
> file it is in at the moment, there is a
> line consisting of only AddTrayIcon();
> which can be easiliy commented out.

Now this question is in the F.A.Q.: www.tightvnc.com/faq.h... (www.tightvnc.com/faq.h...).

09 Mar 2004 13:51 humberth

Re: Icon in Service Tray

> I don't want the user to see the icon
> which shows up on their taskbar in the
> system tray. Question, how do I remove
> the icon but still allow the program to
> run in the background so the user
> doesn't know it. I use this program in a
> classroom setting to monitor student
> activity as well as maintaining /
> troubleshooting. If it were WINXP, I
> would just right click the system tray
> and go to properties and then to
> customize. These work stations are NT4.
> Any help would be appreciated.

There is an extremely inelegant solution to be had by editing the source code. While I don't remember exactly which file it is in at the moment, there is a line consisting of only AddTrayIcon(); which can be easiliy commented out.

20 Jan 2004 20:11 const

Re: Full screen viewing using on-screen-keyboard

> I use the on-screen-keyboard(osk) that
> is in Windows XP due to my handicap
> (mobility impairment). If I use the
> tightvnc viewer full screen , i cannot
> use the osk on the viewer's computer but
> only the osk on the vnc-server computer.
> The ctrl-esc-esc method to disable full
> screen does not work. I have to use the
> Kill viewer option in the servers
> context menu.
> Is there a more gracefull method to
> disable full screen mode ?
> Henk

In the latest version of the viewer, there is another way to exit from the full-screen mode - the Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F hotkey. But I'm not sure it would be easy or possible to use it with on-screen keyboard...

09 Jan 2004 06:20 hlinde

Full screen viewing using on-screen-keyboard
I use the on-screen-keyboard(osk) that is in Windows XP due to my handicap (mobility impairment). If I use the tightvnc viewer full screen , i cannot use the osk on the viewer's computer but only the osk on the vnc-server computer. The ctrl-esc-esc method to disable full screen does not work. I have to use the Kill viewer option in the servers context menu.

Is there a more gracefull method to disable full screen mode ?

Henk

03 May 2003 10:51 cduffy

Re: Icon in Service Tray

> I know you dont recomend it but if the
> kids know im watching they will stop
> doing what ever it is they shouldn't be
> doing.

Isn't stopping them from doing whatever they shouldn't be doing the point?

24 Mar 2003 08:38 ed_avis

Re: Reverse Controll
You can do what you want with VNC. Just get the user to start the VNC server and then you can connect to it and control his or her machine. To make it more convenient you could generate a VNC server binary that's hardcoded to accept connections with a certain password (hopefully a different password for each user that downloads!). You could make the VNC server into a single executable which starts running immediately, and put this as a download link on your web page.

Super Grub2 Disk

A disk which can boot into an OS whose bootloader is broken.

TYPO3 CMS

A professional Web Content Management System.