Projects / Tickle Text / Comments

Comments for Tickle Text

30 Jun 2009 16:23 tonytraductor

released new code today on SF, minor bug fixes to FTP and HTML template generator.

14 Sep 2008 15:24 tonytraductor

new features! new release! again! (I know...)
I know I just released tickle text 2.0 last week, but, since, I have added:

tclsh shell, python shell, and a livejournal posting feature.

It´s already up on sourceforge.

I will call it 2.1

I also updated the dictionary (was using an older version of Tickle Dict, but, now includes the latest, which one can also find here on freshmeat).

10 Sep 2008 01:43 tonytraductor

Quick note...
Today (09/09/08) I updated the tarball at sourceforge.

Apparently on tiny little variable had not been changed with others, and was hinder the function of the tcl template.

Also, I updated the README.

If you are one of those who downloaded this new release in the last 24 hours, I would recommend grabbing the new tarball.

Sorry about any confusion.

/tony

31 Mar 2008 16:11 tonytraductor

Re: Added support for LaTeX and PDF.

> One can write any file to PDF from

> TickleText, now, but, I also added

> support for .tex files and writing them

> to PDF, as well.

> Add today: 2008.03.30

> New tarballs up on SF.net

> Enjoy!

Added support for LaTeX2HTML, today, too.

/tony

30 Mar 2008 15:20 tonytraductor

Added support for LaTeX and PDF.
One can write any file to PDF from TickleText, now, but, I also added support for .tex files and writing them to PDF, as well.

Add today: 2008.03.30

New tarballs up on SF.net

Enjoy!

21 Mar 2008 09:29 tonytraductor

Versão Brasileiro!
Tem uma versão em PT_BR para meus amigos Brasileiros, consegue-lo ao sourceforge.

Aproveite!

(There is a Brazilian Portuguese version for my Brazilian friends, get it at sourceforge.

Enjoy!)

18 Mar 2008 20:33 tonytraductor

Many developments today!! Good stuff!
TickleText now has all kinds of groOvy features it did not previously have.

It shows line numbers, can insert a date, count your words, goto line #,

insert special characters

(well, okay, you open the special character dialog and copy/paste them in),

open multiple windows, open an xterm, open a browser...

Everything has key-bindings for short-cuts.

Fun stuff.

Heck, if it could cook mac-n-cheese, it would be almost as cool

as your mom.

18 Mar 2008 08:56 tonytraductor

New release 1.0
Tickletext now has the xterm in a toplevel window, as an option, as opposed to embedded in the main window.

It display line numbers.

Most of the buttons have been moved into menus.

(Now, I just want to add tabs for editing multiple documents).

29 Feb 2008 10:00 tonytraductor

fonts and colors
These are really fluff features, but,

I took off the color buttons and added a color-chooser, launched by a button, so, you now have a full rainbow of color choices, and fewer buttons on the face of the application.

I added a font chooser, as well,

and cleaned up the find/replace dialog.

Now, however, you MUST upgrade your Tcl install if you are not running ActiveTcl8.5.

(There is a link to their freshmeat page here, and the download is free.)

Enjoy.

28 Feb 2008 18:13 tonytraductor

tmx to text
Okay, I went ahead and added the tmx to text converter, but you will have to put the bash script in your path (in /usr/local/bin specifically, unless you edit the tcl source to point elsewhere).

Instructions are in the readme.

I also reconfigured the find/replace dialog, slightly,

just for aesthetic purposes.

Enjoy