Projects / Sendmail / Comments

Comments for Sendmail

26 Mar 2003 14:57 jipereira

Sendmail in RedHat 6.2
I'm new in Linux, and I'd like to know if anyone can help me with a problem.
I'd like to know how can I control the size of the emails for each user or group of users. Sendmail.cf as a command that we can control the maximum size (in and out). Is it possible to have it per user (eg. user001: 1000kb; user002: 200kb).

Thanks in advance.

28 Jun 2002 17:04 ohhhwhocares

Re: Sendmail rpms

> Sendmail Rules!

Say people who don't know better alternatives.

21 Mar 2002 14:18 whitemice

LDAP Documentation
I have a section on integration of sendmail with LDAP (specifically OpenLDAP) in my LDAP presentation.
ldapv3.pdf (ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf) hosted by the Kalamazoo Linux Users Group (http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/). (Kalamazoo, Mi. USA)

31 Aug 2001 18:12 locutuz

Access file limitation
Sendmail when run in conjunction with popauthd scripts which automatically update the access (usually /etc/mail/access) automatically, sendmail seems to fill up a buffer or something and no longer reads from access file and rejects everyone relaying denied.

This is a problem I experienced once my access file get's apx 5000 lines large. Anyone else?

02 Feb 2001 10:36 httpdotcom

Sendmail 8.11.0 rpms
You can find rpms for sendmail-8.11.0 on the contrib sites on RedHat mirrors.

try
ftp://redhat.nitco.com/pub/redhat/contrib/libc6/i386

10 Feb 1999 08:18 AHinMaine

rpms
Heh, as it was politely pointed out to me, you'll find this gent here:
ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/pub/sendmail/RELEASE_NOTES

Many thanx!

09 Feb 1999 11:14 AHinMaine

rpms
Anyone checked out those 8.9.3 rpms? Nothing personal, I'm just reluctant to download from strangers... :)

09 Feb 1999 10:54 chrismcc

Sendmail rpms
Sendmail Rules!

I have put together sendmail-8.9.3 rpms. They are available at ftp://admin.netus.com or http://admin.netus.com in the sendmail directory. Read the README!

DOsE: Look for netus.mc in the sendmail-cf rpm, try using that as a start and get rid of the stuff you don't want. Although leaving in most of it shouldn't hurt anything.

I included RBL (realtime Blackhole List), DUL (Dialup users List), and ORBS (Open Relay Behavior-modification System) rules to block SPAM(tm).

Read the README in the sendmail directory!

Christopher McCrory
Lead Bithead, Netus Inc.
chrismcc@netus.com
admin@netus.com

"Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware"