Comments for Securepoint UTM

02 Sep 2007 22:56 kd4pba

Really old
Wow has this really been around for 6 years? One would think the vendors website would be a little more up to date by now. English is lacking in the docs section, no description of hardware requirements, other than nic and raid. What kind of box does it run on IE, Processor speed, Memory Hard drive space? Is VPN supported in free version?

21 Jun 2002 04:18 francisse

Best system on board!
Very good client software!

05 Jun 2002 22:36 baxe

Re: Squid fix?
Not sure if it is connected, but I know that checkpoint firewall had problems with the mix of persistent connection + squid + transparent proxing. (Servicepack 7 for Firewall-1 4.0), was mention on the squid maillist.

17 Apr 2002 09:10 SwellJoe

Squid fix?
Hi,

I'm curious about the changelog comment for the release on 04/16/2002 that refers to Squid enhancements to make it work better with sites like eBay. I wasn't aware Squid had any problems working with sites like eBay, but if it does the Squid developers would certainly like to hear about them.

Would you mind expanding on that comment a little?

Thanks.

18 Mar 2002 06:42 lutzhausmann

Re: License response. ...
% I would like to know how to go about
> receiving the license for the free
> version.

Only send the Securepoint program id to securepoint:

info@securepoint.cc

You get a free registration key back!

13 Mar 2002 13:34 nobu

License response. ...
I would like to know how to go about receiving the license for the free version. I will be using this for my home network. I've tried to contact via e-mail but have not yet received a reply. It has roughly been a week since my first e-mail. Please respond I would love to use your software.

I've also contacted you about non-profit use. Please check your e-mails. Is there a direct e-mail where I can get an answer within a reasonable time frame?

09 Jan 2002 05:39 lutzhausmann

Re: cost / there are no costs
% The Freshmeat post says it's a
> "firewall and
> <B>VPN</B> server", but
> the VPN features are only availible in
> the non-free version.

That's not true. You have to read it carefully.
For non commercial use it is free!

08 Jan 2002 10:41 d0ngle

Re: cost / there are no costs

> % About $900? Come on.
> Hello IO,
> You have to look at Securepoint Small
> Business on the website.
> There are no costs. The distribution
> is freely, too. You looked at
> Securepoint Professional.
> In freshmeat is no insertion of the
> professional version!
> Regards, Lutz

The Freshmeat post says it's a "firewall and <B>VPN</B> server", but the VPN features are only availible in the non-free version. So the point still applies. Fix the entry so that
it's not so misleading, please.

- Jim

09 May 2001 17:37 vvuksan

Re: cost

> About $900? Come on.

It might be a reasonable amount of money for a company if it does what it is supposed to do. I have not tried the software so I have no idea how it works but if it worked well and it saved me from spending a day with it I would pay for it.

09 Apr 2001 05:22 lutzhausmann

Re: cost / there are no costs

> About $900? Come on.

Hello IO,

You have to look at Securepoint Small Business on the website.

There are no costs. The distribution is freely, too. You looked at Securepoint Professional.

In freshmeat is no insertion of the professional version!

Regards, Lutz