Projects / SAP DB

SAP DB

SAP DB is an open, SQL-based, relational database management system that provides high availability and performance scaling from small to very large implementations. It supports open standards including SQL, JDBC and ODBC, as well as access from Perl, Python, and PHP. SAP DB is platform independent, so users can deploy it for a wide array of projects.

Tags
Licenses
Operating Systems

RSS Last announcement

Location of last GPL version (v7.6) of MAXDB 04 Mar 2012

Archive of previous releases is at:

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/maxdb/archive

Last source code release is at:

ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/maxdb...

RSS Recent releases

  •  16 Nov 2003 19:05

Release Notes: Bugfixes to the kernel and the tools. Enhanced cross browser compatibility for the Web tools. Security enhancements to the Web tools. A suite of regression tests has been added.

  •  07 Aug 2003 08:28

Release Notes: Bugfixes were made to the kernel, ODBC, and JDBC.

  •  28 Jul 2003 02:47

Release Notes: Bugfixes were made to the kernel, ODBC, and the SAP DB Loader. A new USE_COROUTINES kernel parameter was implemented for enhanced performance on AIX, Solaris, and Tru64.

  •  26 Jun 2003 05:55

Release Notes: A port to Linux/IA64 was made. Bugfixes were made.

  •  09 Apr 2003 10:09

Release Notes: Bugfixes to the database kernel, the database manager, the replication manager, and the C precompiler.

RSS Recent comments

09 Apr 2003 09:02 n_tone

Re: no cursors... (should be no courage)

> I would say that the fact that SAP is a
> German product
> is an excellent reason not to use it.
> I'll keep my Postgresql
> thank you.

It is very sad to see such postings. I thought that software and especially Internet community is above those aggressive, destructive and quite myopic tendencies. This is the first time I observer something like that and I hope this is the last one.

26 Mar 2003 06:32 juil

Re: no cursors... (should be no courage)

> I would say that the fact that SAP is a
> German product
> is an excellent reason not to use it.
> I'll keep my Postgresql

Then you should stop using PostgreSQL too. I've noticed on this map (developer.postgresql.org/) of PostgreSQL developers at least four developers from Germany.

06 Mar 2003 10:04 nph

Re: no cursors... (should be no courage)

> I would say that the fact that SAP is a
> German product
> is an excellent reason not to use it.
> I'll keep my Postgresql
> thank you.

You mean I should stop using software from the U.S. and quit my job at an American company in return, just because I disagree with the politics of your government? I mean it's not as if you were funding the German state by downloading it for free.

While you're at it, you might stop using Star-/Open Office as well - it's originally from a German company, IIRC it's still maintained by mainly German people and if that doesn't make it kind of dirty, I don't know what else.

Oh, and I prefer PostgreSQL as well, but for entirely different reasons.

06 Mar 2003 08:27 dglee

Re: no cursors... (should be no courage)
I would say that the fact that SAP is a German product
is an excellent reason not to use it. I'll keep my Postgresql
thank you.

> Indeed there is support for this
> feature:
>
> Procedures
> with Result Set
>
> So there's no reason sticking with
> PostgreSQL :-)
>
>

17 Feb 2003 14:41 morleron Thumbs up

Nice to see
I am very glad to see that SAP is continuing with its commitment to Open Source. It's moves such as this on the part of software providers that will help to insure the continuing success of the Open Source movement. SAP understands that better products will be produced when they have more people testing them, looking through the code, providing patches, etc. Yet another brick is being pulled out of MS's proprietary software wall.

Thanks,
Ron

Screenshot

Project Spotlight

SchemaCrawler

A command line tool to output your database schema and data in diff-able form.

Screenshot

Project Spotlight

Qccrypt

A QT cross-platform frontend for ccrypt.