Projects / RealPlayer / Comments

RSS Comments for RealPlayer

01 Oct 2001 23:08 Tsujigiri

Re: Can't find the downloads!?!?!?

> I tried going all through the Real site,
> instructions in the release notice,
> and I cannot find
> the Alpha release. Any help here would
> be
> appreciated.

I also cannot find the Alpha release and would appreciate any help in locating it.

Damien.

01 Oct 2001 22:01 infosec

Can't find the downloads!?!?!?
I tried going all through the Real site, following the
instructions in the release notice, and I cannot find
the Alpha release. Any help here would be
appreciated.

25 Dec 2000 07:23 holedup

Follow-up to: Lockups with RP8
Seems this lockup only happens with under Gnome (the stock version with Mandrake 7.1). Found another program that also causes the same lockup (GRASP). Switched to KDE and the problem went away -- for now. Strange that it would only happen under Gnome though. Maybe if I upgrade to 7.2 things will improve.

24 Dec 2000 11:06 holedup

Lockups with RP8.0
Didn't have any problems with RP7, but since upgrading this morning I've had more lockups than in a week of Windows. Only seems to happen when I select "Preferences" from the "View" menu. The cursor moves with the mouse, but the buttons and the keyboard are useless.

I installed the _bin file on a Mandrake 7.1 system. Tried to see if the RPM would work (since RP has a history of differences between the bin and RPM versions), but wouldn't install because my system was the "wrong architecture" (guess I should have bought RedHat :))

24 Dec 2000 01:45 fliplap

One thing
There's only one thing I _really_ want from the linux player now. I mean the current version is great, but one thing i'd really like to see is full screen. I've been changing my resolution to 640x480 (from 1280x1024) and centering the window manually for awhile and the full screen feature would just be nice to have.

09 Dec 2000 09:09 ans

Try download the UNIX version from this.
Try download the UNIX version from this.
proforma.real.com/real...

03 Dec 2000 16:47 shanoyu

Looks like Real for Unix is dead
All of the links to realplayer on real.com are expired players and they've never responded to my technical support questions about it, I think the tech support people aren't allowed to say anything which would more than likely mean the death of realplayer for unix.

15 Sep 2000 02:59 pgodman

*bsd vs. aix, etc.
Strangely enough there's a pretty good reason for this: Particularly, the way that the runtime linker works w.r.t. BSD is quite bizarre in my experience. Paricularly, if dll a dlopens dlls b and c, c tends to resolve its symbols into b. I don't know how to work around this problem. If anyone does (without using -Bsymbolic), I'd love to hear about it!

I have a compiling freebsd4 version, where the linker seems better behaved, but I can't test it because I have no audio device there :(

18 Aug 2000 05:51 thomasktn

RealPlayer 7.0 just works fine..
The new Version of the RealPlayer 7.0 just works fine...
goos Improvments.. nice look and feel...
This is a must for everybody who has an old verion installed..

12 Aug 2000 09:32 niteq

Feelin shafted...
Well, I know it's not too advisable to bite the hand that feeds you, but what the heck is going on when we are just getting Real 7.0 and the windows users have 8.0?? Real has obviously been putting in some work on this..it's a good product..yet since they already have a _stable_ code base for 7, would it not be that hard to merge it with version 8?

Either way, I'm happy to see a stable version out. Hope it works on slack ;-)

Monitorix

A Web-based lightweight system monitoring tool for Linux/Unix servers.

TimeIT

A simple-to-use time tracker.