Comments for RealizationEngine Group Communicator

13 Jun 2008 03:31 imhavoc

It's not dead, yet!
This project is not dead, it's only dormant. Due to the complete lack of user feedback, I have not bothered to update this page. If anyone is using the RE, I'd like to know about it.

The current development version is 2.5, which includes CSS theming. It also makes internationalization possible (eventually), and starts the way for plugins/modules to extend functionality.

I'm planning on eventually re-licensing the RE under the GPL, but that's a low priority since there are no users.

27 Aug 2002 15:37 imhavoc

RE running under Windows
Okay, RealizationEngine1.0.12 release candidate 1 is out, and it runs under Windows.

It has not been extensively tested (hense "release candidate"), and there's no better way to test it than to turn you guys and gals lose on it.

You can download it at

Zip:

Tar.gz

Send feedback.

05 Aug 2002 10:31 imhavoc

Re: Holy Freaking Cow! Got the RE running on a Win2K server.

> I will attempt to release a version of
> 1.0.10 for Windows when I release 1.0.10
> for Linux....

Well, Windows development is on hold until I find a solution to e-mail under windows. Anyone got any ideas?

02 Aug 2002 23:14 imhavoc

Re: Holy Freaking Cow! Got the RE running on a Win2K server.
It occurs to me that all of the mail functions will be broken under windows. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement for sendmail?

02 Aug 2002 19:40 imhavoc

Holy Freaking Cow! Got the RE running on a Win2K server.
yeah, yeah, sure, it would be great if the RE ran on Windows boxes, but what a pain, right?

Well, after several hours of getting the Win2k box configured, and everything lined out, it seems to work!

I will attempt to release a version of 1.0.10 for Windows when I release 1.0.10 for Linux. This really makes me think that getting it to run on other Unix will be a piece of cake. (if only I had a few more boxes to play with , right?)

I'll keep you posted.

24 Jun 2002 20:45 imhavoc

Win32 RealizationEngine Status Checker now available
You can now download a RealizationEngine status checker for Win32 boxes:

Feedback is welcome.

17 Jun 2002 00:27 imhavoc

IMPORTANT Path Information !! IMPORTANT !!
Out of curiosity, I was looking over my referer information in my logs. I seems that several people are trying to run the RealizationEngine from ~/cgi-bin/re/re . THIS WILL NOT WORK as stated in the documentation. the path to the script MUST be ~/cgi-bin/re . IF YOU FEEL the NEED to put re in a seperate directory, OR rename it, you MUST 1) change the $cgi_url in the ~/data/settings.re file, and 2) edit the re file to look in ../../data/settings.re for settings information (line 78 in 1.0.4).

15 Jun 2002 22:54 imhavoc

Upgrading
It didn't occur to me until last night that I didn't make any mention about upgrading from previous versions in the documentation. You can upgrade from any previous release to 1.0.4 by simply copying the new re script over the existing one. The database tables have not changed.

11 Jun 2002 10:00 imhavoc

Re: we're back
% That was Steve's second message to you,
> and you still haven't had the
> courtesy to reply to either of them.

Ooo. Sorry. I didn't mean any offense. You guys bust it to make this system work. You do a great job.

I don't think that I had deleted the link, but I may have. I also know that I only recevived one message, so the first may have been lost. I also know that computers hickup some times, and I didn't mean imply anything negative about the FM][ team.

Sorry. Please accept my appologies.