Comments for Pure FTP Server

19 Jul 2006 15:28 goldstar

pure-ftp
Hi there,

I hope this is the right place for this. I am running a dedicated server and using cPanel. When I ftp in it tells me that the ftp server is the following in the welcome header:

Pure-FTPd (TLS)

Is this the same software?

If yes then I need to know a few things if possible.
1. It is currently not using a database and if so then I have no clue where.
2. Can I convert it to use a mysql database?
3. Can I run more than one version of the software if you can not convert it?
4. In either example above if it uses a databse for user access, I can create and delete users right from the sql database instead of the files that stores user info??

Thanks for all help.
Shawn Mulligan

P.S. I am looking for a way to dynamically create ftp user accounts and I know how to write php and work with sql databses.

13 Feb 2006 13:00 sigra

Re: duh

> Sounds like a good project. However,

> "bounded" is not an english

> word... :-)

Try this:

(or just leo:bounded in Konqueror)

it means "begrenzt" or "beschränkt".

05 Mar 2004 21:39 agrundma

pure-ftpd: best thing since sliced bread
The ability to write a custom auth handler is great!! I was able to use a custom handler that talks to my web site API to let users of my website have FTP logins.

Not to mention all the other great features: mysql auth, chroot all but a certain group (admins), bandwidth management, and so on. I think anything you would need in an FTP server you get with pure :)

18 Jan 2004 09:37 efinley

Small change needed in ftpd.h
#define MAX_USER_LENGTH 32U

needs to be changed to

#define MAX_USER_LENGTH 64U

I use pure-ftp for hosting virtual domains, some with very long domain names, so the user actually looks like someuser@someverylongdomainname.com which is longer than 32 characters.

If this is the wrong place to request this change, please point me in the right direction - thanks.

Elliot

05 Jan 2004 19:21 mayvien

Re: which package to get
Hi,

I am new to linux and need to install a ftp server to a current linux advance server. I downloaded kcmpureftpd-0.9.1.1-rh90.i386,rpm, oure-ftpd-1.0.14a.tar.bz2, pure-ftpd-1.0.14a.tar.gz.

I tried to install using the rpm package but it says missing lib files. Any idea which one i am suppose to download and what command should i use to install?

thank you so much.

03 Jul 2002 20:33 kote

Re: duh
try just 'bound' instead of 'bounded' ;)

16 Jun 2002 05:46 tencant

Very customizable, well-documented..
I downloaded this program about two hours ago, and have been playing around with the customization since. I love the features and versatility. It compiled great on FreeBSD and Linux. It looks advanced enough to be used in nearly every application. It has support for root FTPd and also, just user FTP servers. It also supports virtual binding for multiple IP's. I give this software an A+ very good.

05 Dec 2001 17:13 trkow

Re: duh

> Sounds like a good project. However,
> "bounded" is not an english
> word... :-)

Hmm... we mathematicians use the word "bounded" all the time, as in "this sequence is bounded above by 5".

See http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=bounded

20 Aug 2001 17:26 frankdenis

Re: duh

> Sounds like a good project. However,
> "bounded" is not an english
> word... :-)

Hem.... sorry.... is there a word for "restricted in bounds" ?

20 Aug 2001 11:02 sn

duh
Sounds like a good project. However, "bounded" is not an english word... :-)