Projects / Plans / Comments

Comments for Plans

08 Jun 2007 13:21 Mirz

Been using Plans for years, on various websites.
It's a simple, easy-to-use, calendar. It's a breeze to install and works right out of the box. Customization is easy. I have tried many other calendar programs, some with less features, some with more. I always come back to Plans for reliability. It's user-friendliness is a plus for my staff who like to do things quickly. And for the price...? Who can beat it.

15 Feb 2007 15:40 alliedvoa

Re: Plans
I would have to totally agree! Plans has fit many a need for multiple calendars.

> I was looking for an easy solution to a

> need, little did I know I would find a

> gem!Plans is as easy as it gets to

> manage as well as configure and

> customize.If you're in the market for a

> calendar program that will offer you

> more than just a html calendar - this is

> the one to get.

09 Dec 2005 07:11 lpdalton

Re: Access control

> it would be nice to say "User A has only

> read access, User B also write access".

> Or does this feature exist and I missed

> it in the docs?

Not exactly. Plans does distinguish between calendar admins (who can change calendar settings) and users (who can add/edit/delete events). But this applies only to updating. There is no provision for allowing read access on a per-user basis.

The "users" feature is turned off in the default install. It can be turned on or off at any time.

09 Oct 2005 20:58 lpdalton

Re: Work with speedycgi?
Not at the present time. Feel free to add this request to the development wiki (http://planscalendar.com/doc/doku.php?id=dev:start).

> Plans looks good and pretty. However,

> when it comes to perl cgi, I would like

> it run faster.

> Anybody make it work with speedycgi?

28 Sep 2005 19:43 happyman

Work with speedycgi?
Plans looks good and pretty. However, when it comes to perl cgi, I would like it run faster.

Anybody make it work with speedycgi?

04 May 2005 10:36 spiney

Re: Access control

I'm looking for an calendar application myself atm, and this one looks great and would suit the requirements, but the lack of access controls is a bit of a problem.

It's not so much general access control to the calendars (that's no problem via a proper webserver configuration), but it would be nice to say "User A has only read access, User B also write access". Or does this feature exist and I missed it in the docs? (or am I supposed to configure that via GET/POST Limits in the webserver configuration?)

27 Apr 2005 10:53 NoseyNick

Splendid.
Does the job, does it well. A few particularly neat features like being able to include plans calendars from other sites, nicely templatable, all sorts of neat config options (it is WELL worth reading your plans_config.pl). Some other calendars LOOK prettier but start to look uglier when you actually use them, Plans looks neat and gets even neater when you actually use it.

Wouldn't mind a few more import options. I might write some.

27 Jan 2005 14:37 phrawzty

yet another bump
I hate to just add another "mee too!" comment, but this really is a high-quality project, especially given the price point. There's nothing about it that will make your jaw drop; it does what it advertises, and it does it flawlessly. In the end, isn't that what you really want anyways? :)

17 Dec 2004 08:13 bethohio3

Plans: exactly what I needed
Plans is a reasonble, easy to use *FREE* calendar. For my scout troop and keeping track of family events, it's exactly what I needed. Reading the announcements for updates indicates that it's a little buggy--but those bugs are constantly being fixed and don't interfere with day-to-day use. For a *FREE* calendar, I couldn't ask for more--you get a lot more than you pay for.

01 Jun 2004 14:56 lpdalton

Re: Access control

There are multiple ways to limit web access at the server level. I think it's poor architecture to do it at the application level.

So no--there aren't immediate plans to add access control. For this to change would require a case of demonstrated need.