Comments for phpSecurityAdmin

01 Mar 2003 14:19 koivi

Re: Netscape issues
Although I haven't received any word about working in one browser and not another, there were some issues with session management that have been cleared up On Friday. 3.0b has these changes, and it all was working for me with opera, msie, netscape 4, netscape 7, and mozilla.

07 Jan 2003 12:09 Omer99

Netscape issues
Hello:

So far this script seems very nice.

However, doing some testing and I can't get this script to work for netscape 4.7,6, or 7.0

The login page appears, but the user cannot proceed past it: always get a:
"You do not have access rights to this content."

while on IE everything works fine with the same username ....

anyone else run into this ?

01 Jul 2002 18:52 koivi

Re: missing file

> Your script seems to be missing
> class.phpMysqlConnection.php,

No, it's not. If you look at the first item in the install instructions, you will see the following:

1. Download the phpMysqlConnection class definition file and place it in the include directory. You can get it from http://koivi.users.phpclasses.org/phpmysqlconnection

> needless to say this is very annoying.

No comment. ;)

25 Jun 2002 14:13 moonie

missing file
Your script seems to be missing class.phpMysqlConnection.php, needless to say this is very annoying.

12 Jun 2002 21:04 koivi

Re: Hmmmm

> By example, POST variables are
> either accessed by $_POST[], and 1 line
> after, with $name.

I just spent the better part of a week looking through version 2.1 (CVS is up to 2.2.5), and I did not find anything like that in any of the UI scripts or the class itself. The only thing that I can figure you are refering to is where all the super global arrays ($_POST, $_GET, $_SESSION, etc.) are used to set global variables that are used later in the scripts. There is nothing wrong with that, especially since sometimes the variable is POST and other times it is GET - no need to check everyt time you use a variable, right?

%If you look more
> deeper in scripts, you will see plenty
> of errors, like defining a function to
> exit with TRUE or FALSE, and doing an
> exit(); !

Again, never found that anywhere in the scripts. There was one function that had echo'd a string then issued an exit, but nothing that returned a value and then performed an exit.

> I have tried to debug scripts, but
> everything is messed up, too deep to
> recover something.

I would assume that you mean you don't like my programming style because I could not find any of the above comments to be factual. (If they are, I appologize in advance, but please send me the file names and line numbers of the offending code snippets.)

> I really dont recommend this script, at
> least at this version (2.1).

I guess this means that I will have to make a 2.3 release instead of the planned 2.5 release.

29 May 2002 07:27 singman

Hmmmm
This project is like the worst thing I ever seen. Idea is good, realisation is very bad.
Author make a partial switch from php 3 to php 4.1.0, so EVERY SCRIPTS ARE BUGGED. By example, POST variables are either accessed by $_POST[], and 1 line after, with $name. If you look more deeper in scripts, you will see plenty of errors, like defining a function to exit with TRUE or FALSE, and doing an exit(); !
I have tried to debug scripts, but everything is messed up, too deep to recover something.
I really dont recommend this script, at least at this version (2.1).