Projects / Perl Webmail / Comments

Comments for Perl Webmail

24 Oct 2004 10:10 cfreak2399

Templates
Any plans of using HTML templates in later versions rather than printing it in the code? Would make it much easier for system administrators at ISPs to brand things like the marketing droid wants :). Also IMAP support would be cool. I have limited time but I'll be happy to offer some patches if you can use them.

Otherwise good job with this! I think its going to save me a lot of time :)

27 Apr 2003 19:12 AlienCC

Re: Unread mail?

> Yes, expect it in the next version. If
> you would like a patch for 3.0.5, email
> me via woodwardj at jaos dot org with
> 'unread bold patch' as subject.

I'll wait for the next version as my server will be down for a short while for relocation and upgrades.

21 Apr 2003 07:12 jaos

Re: Unread mail?

> Can we get a way to differentiate
> between read and unread mail, perhaps
> bold the unread messages?

Yes, expect it in the next version. If you would like a patch for 3.0.5, email me via woodwardj at jaos dot org with 'unread bold patch' as subject.

20 Apr 2003 23:06 AlienCC

Unread mail?
Can we get a way to differentiate between read and unread mail, perhaps bold the unread messages?

Other then that this program is exactly what I was looking for, easy to setup and easy to use.

Keep up the great work!

03 Mar 2002 06:29 brh

Just what the Dr. ordered
It's 5:00 am amd I'm off on a business trip by 6:00. I wanted to setup web-based e-mail on my Linux server for access on the road.

Followed instructions and the installation was done in less than 10 minutes. Required modules are clearly identified in README and troubleshooting steps were listed (although it worked fine for me the first try).

I made one tweak to webperl.pl so the HTML formatting was more to my liking and that was it. Instant Perl-based Hotmail without the Hotmail hassle.

Great program and I still have time to pickup coffee. I love it when things work as advertised.

13 Jul 2001 12:12 jaos

first build of 2.2.15 had debugging code
If you downloaded this prior to 12:10 EDT, please
redownload. The script dumps message headers to
/tmp/maildump. I removed the lines responsible
and recreated the 2.2.15 tarball.

25 Jan 2001 10:43 pcarlson

How to contact
I cant seem to contact jaos.org, their registered name servers aren't answering up. I need the latest version, as well, we have added virtual user mapping to 2.2.8 if anyone wants it.

-peter

09 May 2000 16:39 jaos

Re: Security
its taken care of =]

22 Feb 2000 13:22 necros

Security
This script is great, but has one small concern. The username and password are passed via the form as plaintext that is viewable in the sourceocde of the html document.