Projects / OpenWebMail / Comments

Comments for OpenWebMail

02 Nov 2011 20:22 LMP1

In regards to my Webmail account - My sent messages time has been reflecting Daylight saving time- How can I get it back to EST

09 Mar 2009 04:48 DenAzevedo

Re: Vista Issue?
This turned out to be a setting on my Kaspersky Security Suite. Once I paused Kasperky, the problem with OpenWebMail went away. Now all I have to do is determine which setting it is. :-)

06 Mar 2009 16:36 DenAzevedo

Vista Issue?
I have a laptop with Vista and when I try to set the message format to HTML or HTML and Text the HTML code shows up in the message. Also, the HTML toolbar does not show up.

I've already tried all the settings in OpenWebMAil preferences.

This isn't a problem with other computers I use which have XP on them. Is this a vista issue or a setting on my laptop?

26 Sep 2008 09:21 Fr0ns

Not a happy user
Nope, I'm not one of those happy OpenWebmail users. I find the documentation incomplete lacking even the simplest of functions.

This isn't all to bad if there are forums for Openwebmail, there is this mailinglist system but it's harder to use than a Nasa Space Shuttle.

What's wrong with setting up a PHPBB forum or something?

I'm almost forced to use another mail client since I can't even get the most basic of questions answered.

30 Aug 2008 15:38 phubanks

Read WEBMAIL email ... lost when later trying to download using OUTLOOK
I am having problems getting the right settings on WEBMAIL.

I use WEBMAIL to download email when I am away from my computer.

Right now whenever I read a message in web mail, I think itís being marked as READ on the server.

Then later when I get back to my computer and use MS OUTLOOK to read my email, anything I read on WEBMAIL earlier in the day is NOT downloaded

I am guessing there must be some sort of setting in MS OUTLOOK that will ONLY download email from the server that is NOT READ

I cannot find any setting in MS OUTLOOK that will allow me to change that setting.

So what I need is change the WEBMAIL settings (preferences) so that even if I read an

email in WEBMAIL Ö it is always left marked as UNREAD

So that later on the MS OUTLOOK software on my main computer will download all the email.

However I cannot find the setting in WEBMAIL that will allow all email read to always remain marked unread.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

14 Mar 2008 11:45 saveria

Re: I am wondering how to change my password
Nevermind! I found that it appeared at the top menu in the preferences. Thanks anyways!

> I was wondering if I can change my

> password to access my account, or if I

> have to go through my system

> administrator (I'm not quite sure if who

> that is or if we have one). I looked

> through all the options and couldn't

> find a way.

> Thank you for your time and help. It is

> so appreciated.

> Truly,

> Saveria

14 Mar 2008 09:38 saveria

I am wondering how to change my password
I was wondering if I can change my password to access my account, or if I have to go through my system administrator (I'm not quite sure if who that is or if we have one). I looked through all the options and couldn't find a way.

Thank you for your time and help. It is so appreciated.

Truly,

Saveria

26 Nov 2007 07:37 dirtlvr

'Couldn't get read lock on ....' error? Please help
I am no longer able to log onto my email account. Each time I try I get 'Couln't get read lock on ...' error. What do I need to do to correct this error?

Thank you.

22 Nov 2007 09:20 carowarchitects

Re: Please Help, I can't access my g-mail

> When I enter my name and password I get

> the error message: ndbm store returned

> -1, errno 122, key

> "<200711120350.lAC3oFjN024143@host.braschconsulting.com>"

> at shares/maildb.pl line 518.

> What do I do to gain access again????

I found the problem (not open web mail) by calling my e-mail host, brasch consulting: there was no room in my box, as my former employees mail boxes which had filled up with spam over the last several years choked the box. By deleting these names there is now plenty of room.

18 Nov 2007 10:07 carowarchitects

Please Help, I can't access my g-mail
When I enter my name and password I get the error message: ndbm store returned -1, errno 122, key "<200711120350.lAC3oFjN024143@host.braschconsulting.com>" at shares/maildb.pl line 518.

What do I do to gain access again????