Projects / OpenSSL / Comments

RSS Comments for OpenSSL

01 Jan 2003 16:50 toop

Not free anymore
www.deadly.org/article... (www.deadly.org/article...)

It means that OpenSSL is becoming a non-free software project, because
the code from Sun contains licenses which invoke patent litigation;
the licence on the new code basically builds a contract that says "if
you use this code, you cannot sue Sun".

marc.theaimsgroup.com/... (marc.theaimsgroup.com/...)

30 Dec 2002 16:49 levitte

Re: OpenSSL
Yes, OpenSSL is based on SSLeay. SSLeay is dead, and a few people took the last source (0.9.1b) and made it into OpenSSL (0.9.1c). OpenSSL has developped from there.

22 Jul 2002 18:13 OneSmallStep4Man

OPEN SSL API DOCUMENTATION
Could anyone recommend a good place to get documentation on OpenSSL? I've downloaded the software and I need to port it to VxWorks as a client. I would like to find documentation that describes the necessary API calls and the order that they must be called.

THANKS!

10 Jul 2001 12:21 petra

Re: OpenSSL

> Uhhh.... They are the same thing.
> SSLeay was renamed to OpenSSL, AFAIK.

To quote OpenSSL's page, "OpenSSL is based on the excellent SSLeay library..."

> I would warn you - if you want
> documentation for your software - look
> elsewhere.

Or you could visit openssl.org/docs and read the library function definitions, then subscribe to the mailing list and read the source to the example programs (like openssl itself). The documentation isn't perfect, but its available.

25 Jun 2001 15:37 cypherpunks

I highly recommend ignoring anything this guy says!
Before using OpenSSL, I used SSLeay which was good in its own right but I believe that OpenSSL has a bigger and brighter future than SSLeay.

Uhhh.... They are the same thing. SSLeay was renamed to OpenSSL, AFAIK. So yeah, considering that SSLeay is dead, I'd say that OpenSSL has a brighter future. Or, considering that they are the same thing, I guess they have the same future.

I would warn you - if you want documentation for your software - look elsewhere. Then come back here because there is nothing else. I would highly recommend OpenSSL to anyone wanting free/opensource SSL support because you have no other real choice!

14 Jul 1999 14:39 boogie

OpenSSL is wonderful!
I have been using the combination of Apache (www.apache.org/), mod_ssl (www.modssl.org/), and OpenSSL (www.openssl.org/) for about a year now. Before using OpenSSL, I used SSLeay (www.psy.uq.oz.au/~ftp/...) which was good in its own right but I believe that OpenSSL has a bigger and brighter future than SSLeay. OpenSSL's continued development has been aggressive, releasing bug fixes and feature updates on a regular basis. OpenSSL is easy to setup and use and compiles on a variety of systems. I would highly recommend OpenSSL to anyone wanting well done SSL support!

musl

A new implementation of the standard library for Linux-based systems.

Aspose.Words for .NET

A word processing component for .NET applications.