Comments for Open Cubic Player

02 Dec 2005 01:04 mywave

Re: Just discovered the new project

> I only have one issue! It's reliant on

> OSS! Why use the obsoleted OSS? I have a

> problem where sound in seemingly random

> mods plays only from every second

> channel - I don't know whether it's

> player or OSS compatability mode

> related.

Since OSS is cross-platform, and we have BSD users. But yes, ALSA support is planed. Patches are always welcome.

Also, when I get the time and effort, I will make C-versions of all the assembler inlines, preparing OCP for running PPC (I have a buddy that reminds me about this every now and then)

13 Sep 2005 22:10 darkangel

Just discovered the new project

Hi.

To get 0.1.9 to compile, I added "-ldl" into the CC= line in Rules.make. For some reason it was failing with a bunch of errors about undefined references to dlsym/dlopen/dlerror, etc.

Apart from that, I've got two comments. It runs perfectly. Very fast, all the graphic modes work (except wurfel, but who cares!).

I only have one issue! It's reliant on OSS! Why use the obsoleted OSS? I have a problem where sound in seemingly random mods plays only from every second channel - I don't know whether it's player or OSS compatability mode related.

My sound card (as will I presume all newer sound cards) use ALSA and is reliant on OSS emulation for this software to work. I would really like not to have to build this stuff into my kernel - half because there's an added layer of possible problems, and half because OSS emulation may not always be an option, then OCP is once again just a haunt!

Finally, yes, very glad to see this taken up.

#ocp is quiet :-)

04 May 2005 09:54 mywave

version 0.1.7
Here you are folks. Dinner is served. Comments are welcome per mail or here. I'd love comments on what can be done better.

Please enjoy this release. Lots of time and testing has gone into this version

12 Apr 2005 11:41 viniciusvbf

DOS legacy
Rare DOS legacy. The best player ever.

12 Apr 2005 11:14 benv

Great player
This week I was pleasantly surprised to see a new release of this awesome piece of software. Runs like a charm on my slackware linux machine :)

Even the graphic spectrum analyzer works if you meddle a bit with dga and permissions.

So, I'm back to my module dirs :)

10 Apr 2005 20:47 mywave

Re: Maybe not so dead ?
Things have been slow, but the project has not been forgetten about, and the project refuses to die :-p

08 Apr 2000 04:50 darkangel

Maybe not so dead ?
I just downloaded the newest tgz, and the files inside are dated today: 8th of april: that's a good sign

I WISH the developers would work on porting it to unix/linux instead of continuing the development of the windows version which I don't use... running this under the console is my dream, I mean, compare this to all the other mod players in linux, including the xmms plugins....it blows them away...and I'm not just talking about the visual aspects either.

It's even more so with the console programs...compare it to mikmod player! :)

(counts the days till a *nix release)

27 Oct 1999 13:09 tmbinc

It IS Dead...
Hm, it seems that the CP-Project is actually dead, due lack of interest. There weren't any CVS-updated since two months, no bugfixes etc.

Even the coders (Tammo Hinrichs, Dirk Jagdmann, Fabian Giesen and me) aren't anymore interested enough to "finish" (whatever this means) the player, nor to make a OCP3, the next-generation CubicPlayer (fully portable, better/faster/... playing engine, bla).

Is anybody interested in continueing this project? I would love these people! ;)

Just leech the current .tar.gz-source from ftp.cubic.org, and do anything you want to do, since it is GPL, and it would be a pity if the CP actually dies.

20 Apr 1999 06:48 wsteven1

Is this dead...?
No activity seen on this in a while.
This app rocked for dos.

Would love to help if possible.

W