Comments for Ogle DVD player

20 Mar 2003 02:30 ogle

Re: Assertion 'dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0' failed at nav_read.c:205

> After libdvdread has got keys from *.VOB
> and found 1 VTS, the error happened with
> the display:

This is a libdvdread assert, it's should already be fixed in the latest (0.9.4) version. Please upgrade, libdvdread and Ogle.

19 Mar 2003 11:19 VicSiu

Assertion 'dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0' failed at nav_read.c:205
After libdvdread has got keys from *.VOB and found 1 VTS, the error happened with the display:

ogle_nav: nav_read.c:205: navRead_DSI: Assertion 'dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0' failed.

Then it displayed four unknown sigchld messages and terminated four pid's. The last display was 3 statements of removing shmid's and exited.

29 Sep 2002 01:26 jonthorpe

Greatest DVD Player for Linux ever, but....
I do not use any fancy Window Managers on my system (GNOME or KDE) and I am very happy with WindowMaker which only requires GTK+

I use MPlayer for playing videos, but not DVDs.

Ogle is excellent, but I can't get the GUI component to work without GTK+ Would it be difficult to modify the Ogle-gui component to work on computers that have GTK but not GNOME or Glade libraries?

Thanks,

25 Jun 2002 13:49 markjanes

Ogle DVD player- Getting there...
The Ogle DVD player does play DVD's which is more than I can say for any of the other players out there. The packages installed without incident and the player actually played most, if not all, of my DVDs. It has a ways to go before it's a viable alternative to Windows-based DVD software, but it's far closer than anything else I've seen. If your box has a DVD drive it's worth having around.

11 Jun 2002 15:13 gauze

Re: Decent DVD for linux at last ;-)

> All I have to figure now is a reliable
> way to stop my screen blanking every 10
> minutes or so (power saving features)
> till I jog my mouse.

try:

xset s noblank

25 May 2002 17:29 boliston

Decent DVD for linux at last ;-)
Until now I had to keep a copy of windows on my PC for watching DVD's, but hopefully it looks like my pc can finally be cleansed of Microsoft!

All I have to figure now is a reliable way to stop my screen blanking every 10 minutes or so (power saving features) till I jog my mouse.

If I select "play movie" the sound seems to dissapear till I hit the "c" key for "continue", but this is a very minor gripe.

21 Feb 2002 13:22 lintux

Wow!
I never expected watching DVD's would be easier with Linux than with Windows! This is certainly the way to go!

Just that the sound disappears sometimes after a seek. :-(

14 Feb 2002 13:28 shad0w

Easily the best

This is easily the best DVD player software I've used (it works for a start, something xine never seems to do). I especialy like the snapshot function, I've been merrily sitting here taking screen shots from H2G2 all day. It can only get better when it's fully functional.

29 Dec 2001 22:44 aupeter2002

really super
installed DVD drive into debian woody, added the packages
from sid as required by apt and away I went no wories
total time including download on 56k modem less than one
hour. Only thing I noticed was that the curent version of
the source package in sid did not build properly faling to make
the dvdcontrol bit. Hence why I tried the binarys (Which work)

25 Dec 2001 01:46 norpan

Re: Works!

> My only complaint is that a newer revision
> of libxml2 than the one installed with
> rh7.2 was required and it was hard to
> locate.

Yes, that's stupid, since that version of libxml2 is not required at all. In fact, it will probably work with later versions of libxml1. So, in the next version, the dependencies will be a bit relaxed. You can just install with --nodeps for now.