Projects / OggCarton / Comments

Comments for OggCarton

21 May 2003 06:48 bdexx

OggCarton goes beta!
We're getting there, slowly but surely.

06 May 2003 04:22 manzikki

Re: Nice and tidy.. but some bugs

But much less now :) I'd forward the discussion to the
project's forum:

02 May 2003 06:14 bdexx

0.18 alpha release
With this release OggCarton is feature-frozen for 1.0. Any bugs that turn up will be fixed, but no new features are anticipated.

23 Apr 2003 17:32 bdexx

Re: Nice and tidy.. but some bugs

> Which jpg is it complaining about?

Hmm... now that I reread this, are you saying that it will serve the jpg when connecting from localhost, but not from a remote machine? That's very curious. I'll look into it.

23 Apr 2003 17:23 bdexx

Re: Nice and tidy.. but some bugs

> Hi, I'm really looking forward to the
> beta version. The concept looks very
> good to me and I like the embedded web
> browser a lot.

Thanks! I appreciate you trying it out.

> Some obvious bugs:
> if you add a file, the program may fail
> since there is no OggCarton directory in
> you home directory (it is not created).

This was puzzling, since I thought the code checked for that. It turns out that there was code to check for the directory (and create it if it's not there) in the ripper portion, but that code never made it into the import function. In other words, this bug will bite you if you try to import files without first having ripped something (or manually created the directory, of course). It's fixed for the next release (probably sometime next week... lots of other things going on right now)

> If some of the music files are faulty,
> the program may crash.

You mean if you try to import a corrupted MP3 or Ogg file? If you don't mind, could you run the program from the command line (ogguirip on Linux or OSX... in Windows go into DOS, change into C:\Program Files\OggCarton (or wherever you installed it) and enter java -jar OggCarton.jar C:\Progra~1\OggCarton) and tell me what error you get when you try to import the file? That will help me track down the bug.

> The web server does not always manage to
> communicate with browser connections
> outside of localhost. For instance, when
> I tried (I allowed connecting from
> x.y.z.c) connecting, the web server logs
> indicated it did not find the jpg file
> to be served.

Which jpg is it complaining about? I guess it's possible that one inadvertantly got left out of the release, especially since the web UI has been evolving rapidly. You might be able to snag it out of the CVS tree on the OggCarton SourceForge page and put it in the proper directory (/usr/local/OggCarton for Linux and Mac OSX, C:\Program Files\OggCarton for Windows)

Thanks again for trying the code, and for providing a useful bug report.

23 Apr 2003 09:18 manzikki

Re: Nice and tidy.. but some bugs

> good to me and I like the embedded web
> browser a lot.

I meant server, of course.

23 Apr 2003 09:16 manzikki

Nice and tidy.. but some bugs
Hi, I'm really looking forward to the beta version. The concept looks very good to me and I like the embedded web browser a lot.

Some obvious bugs:

if you add a file, the program may fail since there is no OggCarton directory in you home directory (it is not created).

If some of the music files are faulty, the program may crash.

The web server does not always manage to communicate with browser connections outside of localhost. For instance, when I tried (I allowed connecting from x.y.z.c) connecting, the web server logs indicated it did not find the jpg file to be served.