Development community has changed the status of the next program release, version 1.2, to frozen state. In that version NavalPlan will be renamed to LibrePlan, and, from then on, it will be the official name for the project.
Entering frozen state means that:
* From now on the acceptance of new features is stopped.
* The project starts a testing-centered period in which the application will be reviewed in a comprehensive manner.
* In short it will be delivered the new release.
This is a special and hoped version for everybody close to the project because several exciting things will happen.
As we have been announcing lately a new name will be had, LibrePlan. Besides, taking advantage of this event, a new web site will be published, a new design, a new logo... Project members will be like children with new shoes!
Apart from this rebranding, new valuable features will be incorporated too. Among then, they are highlighted for instance:
* The update of the UI framework ZK version, from 3.6.4 to 5.0.9. This has been a great effort, but will allow us to get advantage of the latest innovations in rich web interfaces and enjoy both the performance and architectural enhancements of this new version
* State sharing among projects perspectives (Project Details, Project Scheduling, Resources Load, Advanced Allocation and Monte Carlo). This will allow users to work in the project planning in a more natural way moving freely among these views without the need to save at each step.
Stay tuned to upgrade to LibrePlan soon!