Projects / MPlayer / Comments

Comments for MPlayer

19 Oct 2008 12:23 hdlee

Re: Did you guys research your software name before deciding on it?

I've seen projects had to change names because of legal issues in the past. It is probably a good idea to ensure this before even starting just to be on the safe side.

IANAL but consulting a lawyer often saves a lot of time and money.

Hendry

27 Sep 2008 02:43 hdlee

Works wonder even on slower system

I can't resist to use MPlayer despite its lack of user interface, which I think is important to have a better user experience.

There are a lot of room for improvements, but considering the quality of the playback and other things, I never see anything better, especially when I have to run on a slower computer.

Way to go!

With the video conversion and capturing features, this project surely is a WINNER.

14 Sep 2008 12:12 Pfv2

Re: A big thank you

> A quick comment to thanks everybody

> working on MPlayer! I use it a lot!

Yeah, same here. Can't imagine not using MPlayer! Continue your good work on MPlayer guys!

24 Aug 2008 19:31 recuguide

A big thank you
A quick comment to thanks everybody working on MPlayer! I use it a lot!

24 Mar 2008 11:48 MeerBezoekers

It works great.
I am finally able to view my raw avi video files. I use these files when video editing.

Thanks!

01 Dec 2007 16:01 Dartshop

Ease Of Use
I think the important thing will be to ensure ease of use for people like me, that have limited knowledge and skills, but want efficiency. I think it looks marvellous but i dont have the skill or knowledge to truly judge, or appreciate it from a technical aspect.

Hopefully it will prove simple for the average person.

23 Nov 2007 08:43 rspenc29

mplayer is ok
I like mplayer and use it to play almost anything except live streams. Still using winamp for that. If there is a way to get my live streams in mplayer that would be great.

07 Oct 2007 05:06 phiro47

nice one:)
MPlayer is a nice one, but i like vlc a little bit more ;)

01 Aug 2007 14:26 kflemi21

Great Player!
This is now my new player haha. Awesome work!

07 Jun 2007 10:32 lasermanman

Re: good work
Ran into a little issue with a buffer overflow problem, but they have the solution on this page if anyone else runs into it http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html.
It's just their homepage basically, but was fixed December of last year.

Regards, Laza