Projects / Mondo Rescue / Comments

Comments for Mondo Rescue

26 Apr 2004 20:40 gamieboy

Great Work!!!
Guys you did a great work. I've been trying other recovery tools and some of the areas in the recovery process doesn't work but with your tools my problem was solve.

09 Jun 2003 07:04 hrabson

Re: Dependencies

> I think this is what made me think twice
> about trying this stuff:

Most people don't have the luxury of having so many software applications to choose from that they may reject a given application because of the behavior and attitudes of its authors. If you are in such a position, you are truly blessed.

By all accounts, Richard Stallman is an ass. I don't mind because emacs is a great editor, IMO. I focus on the software, not the people involved in developing it. I think that is the mature way to choose software.

Finally, if you had ever spent a day on an Open Source software project, you would know that it's a thankless task which is made harder by the laziness of users who don't read manuals and won't take a telling. Occasionally tempers do flare. It's regrettable but that's Life. Let's all just get over it and get on with it.

06 May 2003 19:14 ananke

Re: Dependencies

> Respond with more nasty replies, pretty
> please. Show people what jerks you can
> be.

I think this is what made me think twice about
trying this stuff:

by the way, mondorescue's website points to
newt. good luck getting that to work.

23 Apr 2003 14:07 hrabson

Re: Dependencies

> This depends on Newt.

Newt is absent from the Freshmeat database. It
is therefore apparently impossible to put it in
the 'Dependencies' section of Mondo's record in
Freshmeat.

Look under 'Anything Missing?' Newt is listed,
as are Mondo's other dependencies.

22 Feb 2003 15:27 spiritlover

Dependencies
This depends on Newt. But no, they apparently feel it's not their responsibility to log their dependencies with Freshmeat. Apparently it's our job to dig into the FAQ before we ever install, searching for unmentioned dependencies.

Joy. I think NO.

Respond with more nasty replies, pretty please. Show people what jerks you can be.

04 Jan 2003 09:39 carney1979

Works Great Everytime!
I have used Mondo Rescue for some time now. It has always worked "as advertised".

Fortunately, I have never needed to recover using it. Hope that aspect works as well as the backup!

David

07 Feb 2002 10:29 child

Recommended
If youre looking for a easy way to backup youre system to a cd or tape, then this is the way to go, it is easy to use and is under very active development.
I can highly recommend it.

26 Sep 2001 18:19 oberger

Project similar to "Make CD-ROM Recovery"
This project is very similar to Make CD-ROM Recovery (http://freshmeat.net/projects/mkcdrec/).

Check which one best suits your needs.