to compile on redhat enterprise 3
I thought this may be helpful. For use on RHEL ES 3 do the following:
-make sure you have httpd-devel (gives you apxs, apr-config, etc...)
-download source tarball (I used 4.02a) and extract it, then cd into the new directory.
-change the following in the Makefile:
-Follow the instructions in the INSTALL file.
Brief howto on mod_layout
0. Download. The version for Apache 1.x differs from 2.x.
1. Read the README and INSTALL files.
2. If you don't have apache in /usr/local/apache2, modify file Makefile.
3. Make sure apxs is in your path (use which apxs)
4. Type: make
5. As root, type make install
6. Restart Apache: /etc/init.d/httpd restart
7. Sample configuration lines:
AddOutputFilter LAYOUT html
AddOutputFilter LAYOUT shtml
AddOutputFilter LAYOUT htm
AddOutputFilter LAYOUT php
An open, cross-platform journaling program.
A scientific plotting package.