Projects / Licq / Comments

Comments for Licq

08 Dec 2001 13:02 cap

Patch for Licq 1.0.4 and KDE 3.0
Licq 1.0.4's qt-gui will not compile with --with-kde. I made a patch (http://capsi.com/~cap/licq-kde3.diff) to solve compile problems. The patch is against Licq CVS and works with current KDE CVS.

20 Nov 2001 04:37 PiccoloSan

Re: Sending Problems
That sounds good! I don't want to use gaim... I really
love licq I'm only missing the SMS function than it
would be perfect...

One other question: Does anybody know more
_good_ ICQ Servers? The icq1,2,3.mirabilis.com are
busy the most time!

thx

19 Nov 2001 18:35 bmc

Re: Sending Problems
The same here. I've heard ICQ2001 uses the new OSCAR protocol, and at this time, only ickle and gaim supports it.
I hope some dev are working on the new protocol for Licq, because ickle is not fully operationnal (but promising), and gaim... well, it's gaim :-)

> I guess licq has some big sending
> problems. Perhaps
> this depends on the new protocol
> mirabilis is useing.
> I'm not able to send ICQ2001 users any
> messages.
> And no messages through the server
> arrive.

17 Nov 2001 14:01 PiccoloSan

Sending Problems
I guess licq has some big sending problems. Perhaps
this depends on the new protocol mirabilis is useing.
I'm not able to send ICQ2001 users any messages.
And no messages through the server arrive.

28 Sep 2001 07:21 pjprior

HTTPS support
Are there any plans to add https proxy support to licq (like the windoze one)?

It would be soooo useful :)

12 Mar 2001 04:23 sn

Minor security fixes?
This release (1.0.3) fixes a remote buffer overrun. It doesn't get much worse than that. Upgrade asap.

08 Mar 2001 04:54 sn

Remote exploit in licq 1.0.2
A buffer overrun in licq 1.0.2 has been reported to Bugtraq several days ago but there hasn't been an update yet.

I can't use licq right now and if there is not new release shortly I'm afraid I'll have to use some other icq program :-(

15 Jun 2000 04:40 tchin

Install Guide
Easy to follow installation guide at http://www.linuxheadquarters.com/howto/apps/licq.shtml.

26 Apr 2000 00:10 AHinMaine

licq
Just tried yesterday's build (april 25), *very* nice. Even fixes some bugs from the actual 0.81 release. Excellent progress.

13 Mar 2000 21:12 jlemay

I give up!
After trying to get licq 0.76 running on 'Drake 6.1, including binary and source, I have given up and will stick with the Java client. I think the final sticking point was after upgrading libstdc++ from 2.9.0 to 2.9.5 thus breaking PowerChute, installing the two qt2 rpm's, I still could not get the binary to work nor could I get the source to compile.