Projects / libconfigduo / Comments

Comments for libconfigduo

20 Mar 2014 14:34 pcervicek

As there is no bug tracker available, I post the bug + solution here: valgrind complains, that libconfig uses calloc() wrong:
#define _new(T) (T *)calloc(sizeof(T), 1) /* zeroed */

corrected:
#define _new(T) (T *)calloc(1, sizeof(T)) /* zeroed */

from the manpage:
void *
calloc(size_t count, size_t size);

03 Feb 2014 06:24 mrenaud92

Really nice library! I was wondering if this project is still under active development? I ask because I noticed that there are a few things that could be added to the C++ interface to make using the library nicer to use, I would be happy to implement them. Anyone know who I could contact about getting involved/if they will incorporate modifications? Thanks :)

01 Apr 2013 20:43 lilrc

I tried doing an out of source build of this library but it did not work. I created a patch that fixes the issue. Please take a look at: https://464128.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=344002

Regards,
Karl

13 Feb 2013 15:38 buehrenm

Hi,

can anybody help me building libconfig with MinGW under Windows and without Cygwin??

Yours, Markus

31 Oct 2012 23:30 arand

It seems like defining make LDFLAGS='foo' only gets applied to the C library and not the C++ one, should this be defined somewhere else or is it just a bug?

07 Apr 2012 10:51 arand

Hi, I'm looking into using libconfig++ and in some regards it looks great
* Good documentation
* Nice format (at least compared to the limits of INI and eyesore of XML :)
* Convenient methods (I was looking into Boost property trees, and found myself wanting to write a a very libconfig-esque abstraction layer on top :)

I do have a few gripes with it though:
* I'm wanting to add methods to the libconfig::Setting class, however, since the constructor for this one is private, it looks tricky. It's noted down in the header as not supported(?), is this likely to change?
* The way that libconfig::Setting must be initialised with a reference appears to make it again very clunky to wrap around, it pretty much disables any abstraction class exposing a libconfig::Setting object, right? Why?

06 Dec 2011 10:24 rien

really nice library. however:
- the Setting class is missing all the simple "lookup()" function (with the same semantic than the ones in the Config class).
- the readFile() and writeFile method are missing an overload taking a std::string for the file name.
- for @include directives: included files should be specified relative to the directory of the including file (not the current directory)

03 Oct 2011 11:01 Bliatz

mesmerism, I made a config viewer that uses your library. If you want more info, pm me.

Of course, this library is highly reccomendated.

Sorry about my english.

14 Sep 2011 12:53 jcarlosrr

Hi! Fantastic Library! Thank you very much!

However, i always have had a problem with Visual Studio building.

I get:

tests.c(25): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'unistd.h': No such file or directory

I workaround this problem commenting fully test.c (Sigh!) . Not the ideal solution...

Any idea? Thanks!

Sorry for my English

01 Sep 2011 04:36 Nomasvisto

mesmerism, when i use complex configs with a complex depth than 3, it's almost neccesary to use "hacks" to access the string (...value.sval) rather tan config_setting_lookup_string because the double pointer mess up a lot, in my case.

Keep working, this library pwns ;)