Projects / J-Pilot / Comments

Comments for J-Pilot

30 Jan 2008 20:33 sureshembera

Re: Copy/Cut/Paste is available in JPilot
i need code for coy/cut/paste in vb.net

26 Jan 2008 06:26 FixItDad65

Re: J-Pilot easy to use
Regarding the sync speed: The most likely cause of the slow speed is that jpilot by default backs up all (or at least most) of the files on the PDA. The Palm desktop seems to sync only the data files unless you specifically request backup for files.

Having a full backup is handy when doing a restore.

Subsequent syncs will be quicker since only changed files are backed up.

27 Jul 2007 04:50 cratylus

Re: Wow!
I've been using this software for years and I
still love it. Simple, powerful, effective.

I have only one issue with it. On Solaris (don't know
about other OS'es) 0.99.9 and below has a substantial
memory leak. Over the course of a day, it'll balloon to
hundreds of megs. Obviously restarting it fixes it, but
I don't think that's intended behavior.

-Crat

09 Mar 2004 02:52 rmau

Using the dialer function to open an email Mozilla window
Judd,

Congratulations for your JPilot program. I use it as my date and address book, syncronizing with my Palm. Works just fine !! The Find window opens in a separate window, making it much easier to work with , in comparasion with the Window Palm Desktop.

I have recently moved from Windows to Linux, and am not a programmer, altough I have a reasonable Linux administration knowledge.

I have the idea of using the Dialer function to open an email window using as parameter the E-mail address stored in JPilot.
I changed the Dialer command in the Phone Dialer window to :
mozilla -remote "mailto(%n)" . This works fine if the Mozilla Mail is already working.

Clicking in the Dial Button the Mozilla Mail opens correctly, but there is a problem. In the address window dialog , if I enter an alphanumeric character as a "phone number" it is not transfered to the Phone Dialer window, Phone Number box - it works just with numbers.

I tried to look in your source code, but I am a very bad C programmmer. I presume that changing this "cheking" is a minor one, and could add a great functionality for JPilot.

26 Jun 2003 05:47 golpesar

J-Pilot works fine for me
Thanks for this great software.
J-Pilot was bundeled with my RedHat 9 and works fine with my handheld.
I had some trouble getting the USB port to work and gpilotd caused some problems but finally it's working for me.
I am also able to sync my Palm device with Evolution Email through pilot-link.
-Ramin

07 Mar 2002 10:06 ajackson

Re: jpilot is great, request export/import feature

> Feature request: I'd like to be able
> to export address
> book records to an ASCII file where I
> could do things
> like massage with PERL, then reimport.

See http://oplnk.net/~ajackson/software/ for my perl tools to manipulate the jpilot files.

06 Feb 2002 06:29 kempkes

Re: 0.99.2 does not compile for me :-(
After compiling and installing the latest pilot-link package
jpilot does also compile. Sorry...

06 Feb 2002 05:55 kempkes

0.99.2 does not compile for me :-(
I just tried to compile the latest versio, but i only got:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c russian.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -c search_gui.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -c sync.c
sync.c: In function `fetch_extra_DBs':
sync.c:948: `dlpDBFlagClipping' undeclared (first use in this function)
sync.c:948: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sync.c:948: for each function it appears in.)
sync.c: In function `sync_fetch':
sync.c:1254: `dlpDBFlagClipping' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [sync.o] Error 1

prior versions always compiled right. Anyone else who has this problem?

22 Dec 2001 00:05 wpennington

Copy/Cut/Paste is available in JPilot
In my prior review, the limitation of cut/copy/paste is due to my own limitations. Cut/copy/paste buttons are absent, but if you use the traditional Ctrl-X (cut), Ctrl-C (copy) and Ctrl-V (paste), you can cut, copy and paste to and from JPilot

12 Nov 2001 22:15 wpennington

J-Pilot easy to use
Synchronizing my Palm Pilot is a high priority in moving to Linux on the desktop. JPilot came packaged in Mandrake 8.0, and what is most shocking is the synchronizing speed. A few seconds, when using another OS, it took a few minutes.

A feature that is lacking is the ability to cut and paste. I often cut from emails and paste to my Palm program, but JPilot does not yet support cut/paste (at least on my system).
Jpilot 0.99