Release Notes: This release is the first with GNOME support, using Gnome--. Threaded mail viewing is now available, and sorting is enabled once again. PGP no longer requires an open terminal, and will cache your password. Mailbox configuration is now possible in the UI using Gnome::Druid.
Release Notes: This is a fully functional release. It supports both local (mbox) and remote (IMAP) mailboxes. IMAP communication can take place either through raw TCP or SSL, given server support. PGP crypto is available through gnupg. There is also an automagic spam-forwarding feature. It tries to find out where the spam came from, and writes a complaint letter to the spammer's ISP. The UI features simultaneous access to multiple mailboxes, and is massively multithreaded. Actions within a mailbox are both prioritized and queued.
Release Notes: The UI for attachments was improved, including forwarding and more flexible viewing. There are also more configuration options and improved network code.
Release Notes: Improvements were made to the look of the GUI and navigation through the popup menu. Various bug fixes and improvements were made. Support for mulitple sending/receiving accounts was added. gtkmail now works with gdk-pixbuf-0.8.0.
Release Notes: A couple of the changes that were in CVS didn't make it into the 1.0.1 release, like quoted-printable encoding.
Release Notes: Quoted-printable encoding, giving attachments the correct MIME-type, and many bugfixes.
Release Notes: An address book, mail fetching (POP3 and IMAP4), and mail filtering.
Release Notes: Ability to display attached images without using any external programs (requires gdk-pixbuf), a navigation toolbar, many bugfixes, improved MIME compliance, and an updated the GUI to reflect final API changes in gtkmm-1.2.x.
Release Notes: This is a complete rewrite of every aspect of gtkmail. The interface looks the same, but almost every line of code has been rewritten multiple times. First of all, gtkmail no longer uses a database to store messages. This was probably the worst idea I've ever had. I've also changed all the string handling to the standard C string class, which makes the application much more stable and robust. Finally, I've moved all the non-GUI code into a separate module, so it would be possible to change the interface while keeping the backend constant.
Release Notes: The database has been redesigned, MIME support is included, and menu accelerators have been added.