Projects / gcombust / Comments

RSS Comments for gcombust

07 Aug 2006 12:37 LordFalcon

Would be nice if someone took this and ported to gtk2
This is imho still the best interface. But the gtk1 is annoying to look at and buggy. Also might provide an interface to the new libburn stuff that is being developed to bypass cdrecord tools in all...

16 Dec 2002 17:25 cbarton

Gcombust - A few comments
One littile thing I like about gcombust that is subtle but realy helpfull, is the tooltips

most apps will have a tickbox/button saying X and the tooltip will read 'this does X',

Where as gcombust gives a full description of the option. removing the need for help- Keep up the good work, this is realy a mature app.

19 Jul 2002 12:58 dunbar

Very good program, nice work people!
Very successful with GCombust - first time success, and i'm a 'very newbie' Linux user. Old Philips CDD3610 drive (2x2x6), burned first try. Software interface may be a little scary for some, but I had a little experience with Adaptec software on Windows (burned a total of 6 discs), so I got through GCombust with that knowledge.
9 out of 10.

17 Apr 2001 07:49 wkapga

Re: gcombust, a program which saved my day!

> This app is really smashing! I tinkered
> around with all the
> commandline switches for mkisofs and
> cdrecord, I tried xcdroast
> which is comaratively old but cannot
> cope with CD-RW media or
> multisession burning.
> Now this gcombust is just what I've
> been looking for.
> Good work!
> wobo

i really would like to stress your comments.

gcombust made the full transition to a linux destop way easier. i really like this app.

g.

27 Apr 2000 01:53 wolfgangbornath

gcombust, a program which saved my day!
This app is really smashing! I tinkered around with all the
commandline switches for mkisofs and cdrecord, I tried xcdroast
which is comaratively old but cannot cope with CD-RW media or
multisession burning.
Now this gcombust is just what I've been looking for.
Good work!

wobo

28 Sep 1999 02:52 xcfmx

gcombust
this is a great program to use for burning cds.. i haven't had any problems with it, although it could use a few more features, but either way, i recommend it for anyone looking for a frontend to cdrecord, mkisofs etc...

Qmonix

A software monitoring and analysis SDK.

OpenDNSSEC

A program that secures zone data before it is published in an authoritative name server.