Projects / Gambas / Comments

Comments for Gambas

14 Jun 2013 18:06 johnaaronrose

It was stated Gambas now really works on the ARM architecture. This related to version 2. Does Gambas version 3 work OK on ARM & where may it be obtained? What OS is required on an ARM device for this?

19 Jul 2011 22:37 MinnesotaJon

A newly revised edition of A Beginner’s Guide to Gambas is being published in July, and it will probably be available in physical book form by the beginning of August. A free .pdf version of this new edition is available for download, under the Open Content License, from the blog that I put up recently to support the book — http://beginnersguidetogambas.com/ . There are additional downloads of materials to facilitate Gambas study from the book.
You may already be aware of the first version of the book, which was published in 2005. There are many corrections and updates in the new version, and we’ve made sure that the material is compatible with both Gambas2 and Gambas3.
Regards

01 Aug 2005 01:48 ayengying

how to connect to mysql database
i was able to program easily using gambas 1.9.10. but my problem now is i cannot connect to a mysql database. can somebody help me on this? i really need to connect to the said database to finish the pos program that i am developing.

thanks,

ayeng

21 Jul 2005 04:27 SmallR2002

Re: underscore?

> Why is an underscore not allowed in

> identifier names?

> This_Is_My_ID is much easier to read

> than ThisIsMyID.

> Underscored identifiers can also be

> located more

> easily by a quick visual scan.

Most likely for sub names, for example button_click() works, button_on_click() doesn't.

Hope that helped, Robert.

21 Jul 2005 04:23 SmallR2002

Gambas and sockets
I have a slight problem with sockets, well, not knowing how to get them working in gambas. The problem is fully described http://www.linuxbasic.net/index.php?topic=58.0 <-- here, please can someone help me. Either email me or post on the forum.

Thanks alot, Robert Small

16 Jul 2005 03:09 bjwest

underscore?
Why is an underscore not allowed in identifier names?

This_Is_My_ID is much easier to read than ThisIsMyID.

Underscored identifiers can also be located more

easily by a quick visual scan.

26 Jul 2003 18:47 raindog2

Re: docs about gambas

> I only would appreciate a better doc
> about methods, properties and evenths.
> Thanks for the time spent reading here!
> crisciotti@virgilio.it

Starting with Gambas 0.60, a full help browser is included. You can press F2 in the editor to bring it up. People are welcome to contribute more example code to the documentation; you can do this on the Gambas wiki at http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/ (http://www.binara.com/gambas-wiki/).

03 Nov 2002 09:11 gambas

Re: docs about gambas
I will start writing better doc about classes and
components after the 0.40 version. I have just discovered
doxygen !! :-)

30 Sep 2002 18:53 zilogz

docs about gambas
I finally found a development language easy to use nearly as VISUAL BASIC. That what to me was really missing in the Linux world.
I only would appreciate a better doc about methods, properties and evenths.
Thanks for the time spent reading here!
crisciotti@virgilio.it