Projects / FreeCheck / Comments

Comments for FreeCheck

24 Apr 2001 17:37 naught

Re: Checks?

> My parents
> used to have a checkbook when I was a
> kid, myself I haven't seen one in 15
> years.

If you havn't used checks in 15 years, why do you care if this is only for american checks?

In Japan I paid all my bills at the convenience store, in the US I use checks. If I were in Europe I guess I would use whatever system was in place there. I do know that I wouldn't try to insult someone for using a different system, basically because no one cares.

03 Aug 2000 15:26 sandeen

Re: Integrating into GNUCash
I have been in touch with the GnuCash people... they seem mildly interested. I need to get the fill-out portion of FreeCheck done (amount, payee, etc) and then perhaps they can use it. They're currently using Gnome-Print to fill out pre-printed checks, I believe.

03 Aug 2000 15:03 dplatt

Integrating into GNUCash?
It's be really, really neat to have the freecheck/GNUMicr stuff
integrated into the check-printing feature in GNUCash. This
would allow a check to be printed in a single pass through the
printer, complete with the necessary MICR encoding of the
amount of the check.

03 Aug 2000 09:55 sandeen

North American Checks
Sorry, that's true, it's only for American (and Canadian) checks. If you'd like to extend it to print checks for your country, I'll accept patches. :-)

03 Aug 2000 03:09 residentgeek

Re: Checks?

Paper has not quite become obsolete...credit cards only work because there's a big database that says that transactions took place. Either way, it looks like a cool way to design your own checks; I still write them. :P

03 Aug 2000 03:03 gustavf

Checks?
This forgets to mention that this is for american checks, and that the rest of the western world has moved to better payments options ages ago. My parents used to have a checkbook when I was a kid, myself I haven't seen one in 15 years.