Projects / flphoto / Comments

Comments for flphoto

19 Nov 2006 14:02 michaelrsweet

Re: IPTC keywords, titles , please

> If your app could read and alter

> IPTC/XMP comments (well, the standard

> used by Picasa, or IrfanView), it would

> be so, so, so great. Because no other

> app I know supports it, and the ability

> to store the metadata in the picture is

> way better than storing it separately.

> I would make your application the killer

> picture viewer for me :)

Loading/storing comment information from image files is on the TODO list, as is maintaining a DB that can be searched (to find your pictures...)

19 Nov 2006 08:22 mszkutnik

IPTC keywords, titles , please
If your app could read and alter IPTC/XMP comments (well, the standard used by Picasa, or IrfanView), it would be so, so, so great. Because no other app I know supports it, and the ability to store the metadata in the picture is way better than storing it separately.

I would make your application the killer picture viewer for me :)

30 Sep 2003 15:10 michaelrsweet

Re: Feature Request: Automatic Ctrl-C option
Hmm, I'll have to work with Till to find out what additional packaging changes he has made; ideally I should just be able to add a command-line option to open the import dialog right away...

Thanks for the feedback!

30 Sep 2003 14:17 sprocketboy

Feature Request: Automatic Ctrl-C option
Here is the version I am using, installed from a Mandrake RPM:

flphoto-1.1-1mdk

I am using flphoto with KDE, and I noticed now that when I press the button on my Kodak EasyShare docking station, an "flphoto" icon pops up on my desktop. Clicking on this "dynamic icon" opens flphoto, which is a really neat feature.

However, I would like to see this feature (optionally) augmented with the following. Could you put a checkbox option that would allow flphoto to automatically issue itself a "Control-C" command (to browse the connected camera's contents) when this "dynamic icon" is double-clicked?

I would not want to initiate the full download at this point, because I might want to change the download directory. I would just like to see the "camera browser" dialog box showing current pictures in the camera, the same one you get if your camera is connected and you manually press Ctrl-C.

Again, this should be a user option, such as Options->Auto Browse Camera on Dynamic Icon Click or some such. Some people might not want this feature, so they should have the option to disable it.

03 Sep 2003 04:52 wizardt4e

Possible to compile FLPhoto under Win32 ?
Hello !

Was somebody here sucessfull
compiling FLPhoto under Win32 ?!?!?

Thanks.

CU

27 Jul 2003 07:52 sprocketboy

Re: Problem reading Kodak DX-4900 pics taken in "Burst" mode
Just to follow up, this problem was fixed by the (pre)release of gphoto2 version 2.1.2. There is a "release candidate" RPM of this version of gphoto2 on MandrakeClub.com for those of you who are members, the rest I guess will have to wait for the official release.

24 May 2003 02:57 domryba

Printing engine
I use flphoto to print photos from my digital camera, and it's very, very good!!!

09 Apr 2003 12:14 fair_rob

flphoto hits the target!
flphoto is a a breath of fresh air after trying the other
open source photo editors which are either way too powerful
(gimp) or can't do the obvious stuff like crop or print multiple
photos per page. And its EXIF aware - at last! Very nice
job for release 1.0

Couple suggestions:
o Crop window drag-box seems either broken or
non-intuitive (drag just moves a cross hair, not a box)
o Save album requires you type the right extension (.album).
If you do, cool. If you don't (and its not obvious at first)
then subsequently opening the album fails.
o Image properties lets you type a comment (above EXIF
information) but this doesn't end up in the image EXIF
comments as one would expect, but in the album file.

24 Mar 2003 08:44 jbbrs

Re: I can't compile flphoto with gcc 3.2.2

> Add "#include " to the top of
> Fl_Image_Browser.cxx.

Ok, my bad... I had tried adding a include for Fl_Widget instead of for Fl_Window.

24 Mar 2003 08:03 michaelrsweet

Re: I can't compile flphoto with gcc 3.2.2
Add "#include " to the top of Fl_Image_Browser.cxx.