RSS Comments for Event and Task Manager

16 Mar 2013 05:24 Avatar seoceylon2

nice work, i like the approach

25 Sep 2011 09:39 dfroger

I'm discovering etm, it looks great!

I'm a french guy Ubuntu 10.04, with LANG=fr_FR.utf8.

I have to do a "export LC_ALL=en_US.utf8", in order to solve bugs (events created on pm are recorded on am).

Installed locales can be listed with "locale -a".

I didn't see any unittest in the source code, it should be useful for this kind of bugs.

02 Oct 2010 10:57 edyeeh Thumbs up

I'm a satisfied user of this program. It has a complicated/sophisticated scheduler no other program I've tried have, where tasks, events, or reminders can be repeat at a specific interval.

I would only wish for a gtk interface of the program to save on memory.

25 Feb 2010 10:44 temporaer Thumbs up

nice work, i like the approach:
- it is easy to add more or less detail, without having complex dialogues
- the file format is readable and can be changed by hand
- GTD is implemented with more than just a list of tasks *cough*

some things I think this app still needs:
- ipython-like tab-completion
- some way to deal with waiting-for tasks which should not appear on the work list
- some idea on how the review process should work. Reviewing means at the least, having a list of projects and being able to determine whether their Next Actions are properly set.
- a minor point: german umlauts in month names make the wx-gui crash, goes away by setting LANG=en_EN.

03 Feb 2010 04:36 MelJ Thumbs up

I love it because it can be used in text (or curses)
mode or via the GUI interface, plus it can export data
in iCal format for use with many other calendar programs.
Also it's written in python (my favorite language) and the
author is very good about fixing bugs and taking suggestions.

19 Dec 2009 14:00 fredg Thumbs up

I really like it. Keep up the good work.

08 Sep 2009 19:13 lpezard Thumbs up

I've just tried etm: this is the tool I was looking for! So "try it and adopt"

22 Jul 2009 07:46 GeorgSimon Thumbs up

I like it. Simple, fast, efficient. Exactly what you need to organize. I like it. Period

08 Jun 2009 11:05 Avatar lawquest Thumbs up

Correction: "ETM is the most effective way to organize one's life that I have yet to come across."

08 Jun 2009 11:01 Avatar lawquest Thumbs up

ETM the most effective way to organize one's life that I have yet to come across.

Lernstick Personal Learning Environment

A Live Linux distribution with a focus on education.

PCRE

A library that implements Perl 5-style regular expressions.