Comments for Email Reminders

30 Apr 2003 03:10 giosico

Other Emrem Scripts
Don't know if you are interested in such but hear are other similiar scripts that might be useful ...

Check out these systems ...

In particular check out this one ...
free and developed in english
hasnt been update in a while

30 Apr 2003 01:32 giosico

Re: emrem-0.6.1 feedback
Thanks for your timely response. It is good to know the status of lists.php.

29 Apr 2003 23:35 elihu

Re: emrem-0.6.1 feedback

> 1) Creating a record in the past gives a browser warning saying you cant do that
> which indicates to the user that the record was not added but it is actually
> created in the database.

You're quite right. I will fix this bug in the next release.

Items 2-4 involve the file "list.php". This file is included in the release as-is and is only there as a guide to help people create an admin if they choose to do so. That being said, it is out-dated (doesn't use the PEAR::DB, etc) and should be updated so it might be useful, which includes using the configuration settings in config.php.

Thanks,
Rob

29 Apr 2003 22:22 giosico

emrem-0.6.1 feedback
I am new to emrem and let me say thank you for writing this. Here is what I have found so far. Please take these as you would like as I dont profess to know what I am talking about ;p

1) Creating a record in the past gives a browser warning saying you cant do that which indicates to the user that the record was not added but it is actually created in the database.

2) Seems some values could be moved into config.php ... like some database name in lists.php.

3) Lists.php is not mentioned in the manual or from anydocumentation. So I am not sure if it is intended for use.

4) Lists.php is dieing when trying to encounter the first mysql_select_db statement. Perhaps this is because my installation requires a user and pass even from localhost. I have no idea. I am happy just to delete items from the db for my useage.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

John

28 Jun 2002 11:19 odochartaigh

emrem.pl won't run
Hi there,

trying to get this to work for a while now and not sure what the problem is.
I enter a cron job via Webmin and then run it but get this:

Output dal comando /home/www/emrem.pl ..

/bin/sh: /home/www/emrem.pl: No such file or directory

What could the problem be - permissions? Any suggestions very welcome

ta

simo

20 Aug 2001 20:36 elihu

Re: different extensions for PHP?

> The files contain .phtml and .php
> extensions. I'm new at this and am
> curious why. Why not just .php for the
> PHP code.

I should add notes in the INSTALL file about this as well. This way makes assumptions on the Apache configuration. I am used to using .phtml to refer to scripts, and .php to include files and classes. Some people use .php for scripts and .inc for includes and classes. It's mostly just to distinguish the files, but either way works.

20 Aug 2001 20:34 elihu

Re: recurring event

> using emrem.sql to create database I get
> error: "can't create database
> 'reminders'. Database exists".
> database didn't exist. emrem.sql creates
> the database but doesn't create tables
> (so I created the table).

If you are upgrading, there is no need to run the sql script again. I added a note in the INSTALL file for this.

> could you please add option to post recurring event
> (daily, monthly, yearly)? this will add huge value to it

I've had this in the back of my mind to add this functionality for a while now, I'm just trying to determine the best way to go about it. Maybe in the next release. :)

20 Aug 2001 14:37 otherduck

different extensions for PHP?
The files contain .phtml and .php extensions. I'm new at this and am curious why. Why not just .php for the PHP code.

15 Aug 2001 14:47 ejuniati

recurring event
using emrem.sql to create database I get error: "can't create database 'reminders'. Database exists". database didn't exist. emrem.sql creates the database but doesn't create tables (so I created the table).

could you please add option to post recurring event (daily, monthly, yearly)? this will add huge value to it