Projects / ELinks / Comments

Comments for ELinks

25 Sep 2009 13:33 martintxo

I try to reach some elinks-browser developer by email, but I don't achieve it. I sent some emails to the elinks-dev mailing list (http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/elinks-dev/) where I'm subscribed as Martintxo. I send it too to the Jonas Fonseca and Kalle Olavi Niemitalo email accounts. But I don't get any response.

I made a update of the Elinks-0.12pre5 es.po spanish translation. Mostly I update all the fuzzy translations, and translate some other short sentences.

I put the updated es.po here: http://www.sindominio.net/~martintxo/Elinks-0.12pre5.es.po.gz

Greetings. Martintxo.

28 Nov 2006 11:30 jkunkel

binary downloads
I can download binary files in IE or Firefox by just typing the fully qualified reference in the address bar. I can't figure out how to download binary files with elinks. Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

19 Nov 2006 09:35 fonseca

Re: excellent software

> I do have one suggestion. I think it would be nice

> if textareas invoked an editor, in the same way

> that a mailto link invokes an email client.

You can do that. By default, it is bound to Ctrl-T ...

15 Sep 2005 21:06 goosequill

excellent software
I am very happy with elinks. It is my everyday

browser and I only use FireFox when I need to see

the graphics. I have not found a single thing

wrong with elinks.

I do have one suggestion. I think it would be nice

if textareas invoked an editor, in the same way

that a mailto link invokes an email client.

Thanks for your good work.

Richard Harris

25 Dec 2003 05:46 gvozden

excellent
Great job!

09 Dec 2002 07:33 paskie

Re: Fabness

> Elinks is really pretty fantastic - my everyday browser.

Thanks :-).

> Couple of complaints though - some documentation for the config file would
> be nice, so I can get zgv working, and ps2txt, and so on.

We work intensively on this, it's getting much betters in these days in fact ;-).

> And secondly - please get the ^Xe external text editor
> function working! I still have go into klunky old Lynx occasionally so I can use vim in text boxes.

Could you elaborate, please? There should be no problem with ^E if you are using standalone ELinks instances. That can be trivially accomplished by starting elinks with -no-connect parameter (see elinks -help for full description of instances) - I agree that it is still very inconvient, though ;-(. A better solution is being prepared, some other things have higher priority now, though.

09 Dec 2002 07:13 mbays

Fabness
Elinks is really pretty fantastic - my everyday browser.

Couple of complaints though - some documentation for the config file would be nice, so I can get zgv working, and ps2txt, and so on. And secondly - please get the ^Xe external text editor function working! I still have go into klunky old Lynx occasionally so I can use vim in text boxes.

Certainly recommended, though.

11 Sep 2002 10:40 zas

ELinks is a great project !
Thanks for it, pasky :)

19 May 2002 04:52 paskie

Re: Great browser

> My only complaint is that mouse support only works in X, not on the console. Anyone know how to fix this?

Very strange.. if you mean support for menus etc, do you have gpm and ncurses installed? I would be glad for more detailed bug report sent to pasky@ji.cz. If you mean support for cut'n'paste, try to press shift when you press mouse buttons.

14 May 2002 13:17 arebee

Great browser
I love elinks, much better than lynx IMHO. My only
complaint is that mouse support only works in X,
not on the console. Anyone know how to fix this?