Re: cygwin installation, continued
cygwin installation, continued
got myself sgmlwhich from the suspended http://www.sgmltools.org/download.html project.
-> catalog problem solved.
Two more issues:
7) had to do a
ln -s /path/to/my/installation/docbook-utils/curr/docbook-utils.dsl /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/docbook-utils.dsl
otherwise it complained about not finding this file
8) suggestion: in make install, check for the existence of sgmlwhich and if not "echo where to get it"
installation hints under cygwin
I just installed docbook under cygwin as per http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/cygbook1.html
In order to
1) I had to "ln -s openjade.exe jade"
2) when doing "make", I get a lot of errors
<<jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:1:55:W: cannot generate system identifier for
public text "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN"
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:9:0:E: reference to entity "BOOK" for which no
system identifier could be generated
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:1:0: entity was defined here
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:9:0:E: DTD did not contain element declaration
for document type name
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:11:11:E: there is no attribute "LANG"
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:11:19:E: there is no attribute "ID"
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:11:34:E: element "BOOK" undefined
jade:../../doc/docbook-utils.sgml:12:11:E: element "BOOKINFO" undefined
jade:../../docbook-utils.dsl:113:2: start tag was here
jade:E: specification document does not have the DSSSL architecture as a base ar
jade:E: no style-specification or external-specification with ID "HTML"
make: *** [api.html] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1>>
I guess I would have to teach my installation not just docbook41, but to be able to handle simultaneous other versions.
Any hints for how to do this would be highly appreciated!
3) at the end of "make", echo that "make install" most likely needs to be executed next.
4) ln -s /path/to/my/installation/docbook-utils/docbook-utils-0.6.13/frontends /usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/frontends
--> otherwise one may well get
<<jw: There is no frontend called "/usr/local/share/sgml/docbook/utils-0.6.13/fron
5) another problem is "sgmlwhich: not found"
6) I guess this may also be the reason why it next complains <<jw: Please specify at least one catalog>>. If this would also tell how, even better --> mention "-c"
$SGML_CATALOG_FILES is not considered?
An open, cross-platform journaling program.
A scientific plotting package.