Comments for Directory administrator

26 Nov 2004 13:40 podzap

Re: protocol version 3

> Hi

> I have been looking at LDAP for about

> 1day now and downloaded your client

> because it is the best. But I have one

> problem maybe it is because I don't know

> how to work it or something but how do I

> get your client to use protocol version

> 3.

> Thanx

> Jsdaav

> jsdaav@mweb.co.za

LDAPv3 support was not working previously. I submitted a patch that fixes this, yesterday.

21 Dec 2003 04:10 jsdaav

protocol version 3
Hi

I have been looking at LDAP for about 1day now and downloaded your client because it is the best. But I have one problem maybe it is because I don't know how to work it or something but how do I get your client to use protocol version 3.

Thanx
Jsdaav

jsdaav@mweb.co.za

27 Oct 2003 14:04 ruddo

Re: poor security for directory credentials

> This program (at v1.5.1) stores your
> directory login credentials
> in a file with the default permissions
> of your umask, in my case
> 0664.

Hi there, xipmix. Sorry you got such a scare, but you
could have checked the permissions in the directory
(.directory_administrator). It's 700. So there's no
chance any user with access to your home directory
can access the passwords and settings file.

24 Oct 2003 22:48 xipmix

poor security for directory credentials
This program (at v1.5.1) stores your directory login credentials
in a file with the default permissions of your umask, in my case
0664.

This is not acceptable, on any multiuser machine. The program
should force restrictive permissions on this file, like 0600.
I can't think of a reason why you would want any other person
to have access to these credentials.

I won't be using this software until this is fixed.

In case it matters I was using the debian package,

01 Sep 2003 17:34 benstewart74

Group Memberships
Greetings,
I have just downloaded the latest and greatest directory admin and it seems that the handling of groups has changed.

When I make a group a users primary group then an entry like this is added to that particular group;
member uid=bstewart,ou=Users,o=waterwerks

When I add a user as a secondary member of a group DA adds
member uid=bstewart,ou=Users,o=waterwers and
memberUID bstewart

Does anybody know why adding a users as a primary member of a group doesnt add the second line, but adding as a secondary users does ?

Thanks
Ben

09 Aug 2001 14:28 sineswiper

Nice!
Definately a easy-to-use and handy application for add LDAP users. I don't have to go through all of the gunk with GQ. Instead, I have everything sorted in nice tabs.