Projects / DCTC / Comments

Comments for DCTC

26 Sep 2003 03:27 noto

friendly suggestion
the author should really look at the mutella project

that's how you write a sane p2p text client with a portable (web) gui

18 Aug 2003 04:24 estrato

Re: Hub Listing
If you're looking for an alternative dctc GUI that doesn't require GNOME, take a look at dc_qt.

10 Apr 2002 13:52 DimeRone

Dosent work
i cant run make on my computer.
i use slackware 8.0

--- error msg---

bash-2.05# make
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/ufo/Other/dctc-0.78.0'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/ufo/Other/dctc-0.78.0/src'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -c hublist.c
hublist.c:36: glib.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [hublist.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ufo/Other/dctc-0.78.0/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ufo/Other/dctc-0.78.0'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

-------

What too do ?

24 Mar 2002 07:34 a23o

Re: Questions
Thanx for your answear. I will join the list soon.

a23o

24 Mar 2002 02:48 icemanbs

Re: Questions
Hi,

1. You cannot. DCTC automatically closes this kind of connection after 30 seconds.

2. the usage of -b command line option does not allow you to discard the / of the /LOG command, that's why the command is ignored.

About configuration file, In one word: never. DCTC is not made to perform this task. This is the job of a UI. dc_gui makes this quite well :)

A last word to conclude, if you want to have fast replies, avoid this list because I only check it when I post new release. There is a mailing list you can find on DCTC homepage.

23 Mar 2002 08:56 a23o

Questions
Hi!

Thank for your nice program at firts.

I have 2 questions:

1. After a few seconds somebody connects my DCTC (my dclist is uploaded), DCTC closes connection with the other client. Then a "RFRSH" appears in the DCTC log. So, i don't want DCTC to close the connection, how can i do this?
2. I want to start my DCTC logging in a log file. So i use the -b LOG dc.log command, but nothing happens. It works only when i use the command in the commandline /LOG dc.log. Why?

I think it would be very usefull if DCTC would use a configuration file.

After all, i think DCTC is a very good program. I don't know other linux DC clients.

Sorry for my english.

a23o

25 Feb 2002 01:47 tgz

Re: Popups

> homepage is infested with popups.

Seems pretty ad-free to me, and the program is installed and working rather damn well, I'd say..

13 Dec 2001 07:59 hampa

Re: Hub Listing
dctc comes with a program called hublist that will give you all the hubs.

11 Dec 2001 20:05 emilford

Hub Listing
If some has the answer to these simple questions,
I'd appreciate it. I've gotten the program installed and
functioning properly, but I don't have the IP's for any
hubs to connect to. Does anyone have a list of the
better hubs or know where i can find one at online?

Also, the GUI. I've been trying to install it, but I keep
running into the same error. The installation script
says that it can't find one of the gnome config files. i
don't have gnome installed because I use KDE. Do I
have to have Gnome installed to use the GUI? Is
there a KDE work around?

Thanks in advance!

09 Dec 2001 10:03 trizt

Popups
Suddenly I have got the feeling that this project maybe ain't as serious as I thought in the begining, now the homepage is infested with popups.