Projects / climm / Comments

Comments for climm

10 Mar 2004 19:24 Tadu

Re: It should compile under [insert OS here]...but it DOESN'T.

> I bet you aren't using BeOS anymore. ;)

I was never a BeOS user. Providing it for BeOS was only
to help them, but it turned out to not be wanted. There is
now a version that works under BeOS, even an installer,
though not for the latest version.

19 Feb 2004 17:35 Caedmon

Re: It should compile under [insert OS here]...but it DOESN'T.
I bet you aren't using BeOS anymore. ;)

> Please, for those of us who use BeOS,
> Windows, etc., please give source code
> that will work under those operating
> systems. MICQ is posted on BeBits and
> says it should compile on BeOS. Well,
> the news is that it doesn't. MICQ is the
> only ICQ client I have found that is
> stable under the OS and is the only one
> I use. However, it complains that it
> requires libraries that are for Linux
> only. For example, it'll exit during the
> compilation and complain that it can't
> find the arpa/inet.h file. I am no
> programmer, but I have run into this
> problem once before, compiling one bit
> of source. There is no quick-fix for
> this. Grabbing those Linux libraries and
> headers won't work and will still fail
> trying to compile it. Please provide
> BeOS code that WILL compile, or at least
> provide a precomiled BeOS binary inside
> the package on BeBits. This is extremely
> frustrating.

13 Jun 2002 10:43 Tadu

Re: It should compile under [insert OS here]...but it DOESN'T.

It's non-trivial to work around the huge bugs in BeOS. Grab the latest version from CVS, or use the binary that now _is_ posted on bebits. And don't hesistate to help developing it by giving usefull feedback or fix the remaining issues...

12 Jun 2002 02:52 wolfmancody

It should compile under [insert OS here]...but it DOESN'T.
Please, for those of us who use BeOS, Windows, etc., please give source code that will work under those operating systems. MICQ is posted on BeBits and says it should compile on BeOS. Well, the news is that it doesn't. MICQ is the only ICQ client I have found that is stable under the OS and is the only one I use. However, it complains that it requires libraries that are for Linux only. For example, it'll exit during the compilation and complain that it can't find the arpa/inet.h file. I am no programmer, but I have run into this problem once before, compiling one bit of source. There is no quick-fix for this. Grabbing those Linux libraries and headers won't work and will still fail trying to compile it. Please provide BeOS code that WILL compile, or at least provide a precomiled BeOS binary inside the package on BeBits. This is extremely frustrating.

24 Feb 2002 18:17 warpt

commnads
I'm sorta new to micq...after i download it, what are the commands to install it?

09 Dec 2001 07:31 hloeung

mICQ worked for me.
Compiled and works for me. I like this CLI ICQ clone.

04 Dec 2001 01:32 caniffe

mICQ and Servers
Yep, mICQ in its current form will not function - maybe someone needs to rewrite it?

18 Nov 2001 09:38 cfilth

no send messages...
yes... sergiy me too have this problems.
when i send msg for someone, her no recive.
i try change the login address and port, but not work,the problem, i think that is the new protocol too. =)

01 Nov 2001 06:38 sergiy

Micq is not worked
I compiled micq and use this clone 2 years. But now, I can't send message for my friend.
icqX.mirabilis.com not accept my message, becose now only icq2000 for windows permited for posting message...

I think that we must rewriting micq and using protocol icq2000.

03 Sep 2001 15:50 bluesmoon

Creating new UIN
This was the only program that successfully created a new UIN for me.
I tried many others, all one after the other. Only mICQ worked. Thanks.

Philip