New features in Claroline 1.5
* LEARNING PATH. A completely new tool has been created allowing course manager to easily organize course resources for student in a framed learning path.
* WYSIWYG EDITOR. User are now able to create and edit their content on the fly and store it into documents, posts, announcements, messages, and quizzes.
* SCORM. Claroline is now compatible with SCORM 1.2 (and some basic features of SCORM 2004). It is able to import Content Package allowing exchange between various Learning Management Systems.
* LDAP AND EXTERNAL AUTHENTICATION. Claroline is now able to connect itself simultaneously to several external authentication systems, allowing to retrieve user settings from the outside. An LDAP example based on this technique is provided.
* LANGUAGES. New languages added. Claroline is now translated in 28 languages (Arabic, Brazilian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, English, French, Galician, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Malay, Polish, Portugese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkce, Vietnamese).
* SECURITY IMPROVEMENT. In Claroline 1.4, the init kernel was checking permission until the course level. The new claroline is more fine grained checking permission one step further : at tool level.
* COURSE HOME PAGE. New layout, leaving most of the display area to course manager, allowing him to fill it with his own content.
* COURSE BANNER. Navigation improvement allowing user to jump in a single click from one tool to another.
* AGENDA. Additional cross course calendar displaying synthetic monthly view of all the events related to a user.
* DOCUMENT. You can now create and edit HTML document on line. You can also create hyperlinks among documents. It means the Claroline 'Links' tool is deprecated. This feature is no taken in charge more completely by the 'document' tool renamed 'document and links' for the occasion.
* TRACKING AND STATISTICS. Performance and display optimization.
* FORUMS. Email notification of new post in a thread - Forum category categories are now movable.
* ANNOUNCEMENT. Possibility to send Messages to selected course members and groups.
* USER HOME PAGE. Once logged users are now directly informs about new course events since last login.
* GROUP. Chat room for each group has been added.
* COURSE CATEGORIES. The course categories are not limited anymore to a single level. You can now create subcategory tree as deep as you want to arrange courses.
* PLATFORM ADMINISTRATION. Completely revamped user interface of the administration section. The phpMyadmin database manager isn't needed anymore. All the administration is handled through this interface.
* COURSE ENROLLMENT. After long usability tests, the course enrollment device has been completely changed to make it easier.
Re: problem with statistics
> The stats script doesn't work because
> the config.sql file for ezBoo does not
> match default database settings. One has
> to modify it manually. It is not simple
> to find it and make the correct
In new claroline (1.4.0) ezBoo is removed
Claroline 2 is released
Aivailable in download directory of Claroline Website
problem with statistics
The stats script doesn't work because the config.sql file for ezBoo does not match default database settings. One has to modify it manually. It is not simple to find it and make the correct deduction.
An open, cross-platform journaling program.
A scientific plotting package.