Projects / cdparanoia / Comments

Comments for cdparanoia

24 Jun 2003 13:40 jrjohns3

Re: great tool

> I have had nothing but success with this
> tool. It's great at ripping CDs that
> other apps just give up on, because of
> scratches and such. It has plenty of
> command-line options and does a good job
> of telling how much trouble it's having
> with each track.

I have never had any problems with cdparanoia. It rips even the worst cds that barely played in my home cd player. Great work!
Jake@plutoid.com

08 Dec 2002 21:08 amihut

will it ever work with :
Hardware Class: cdrom
Model: "COMPAQ HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B"

14 Sep 2002 20:14 ingolfke

Quality of rips
Anyone know a good way to determine how closely a rip matches the original? I'd like to know if a track had skips, scratches, etc. and if those errors will show up in the final WAV file. I'd like to be able to store this information in an file so eventually I could determine the overall quality of my digital recording collection. The documentation on the CDParanoia website indicated that the '-I' option would log errors during the rip to a file, but that option doesn't appear to be in the 9.8 release.

14 Sep 2002 14:50 ingolfke

Re: Printing CD contents
cdparanoia -eQ 2> filename

That should do the trick.

22 May 2002 22:06 msilveira

Re: Printing CD contents

> X-Windows. Is there any plan to allow
> output to sdout?
> I am not a programmer, but might have
> a look at the source and try to hack a
> fix. If I do, I'll post.

Maybe cdparanoia uses stderr for the output you want, instead of stdout. Using progname 2>file or progname 2>&1>&file would get the output you want to the text file, the former style is recommended. Have fun! ;)

03 Apr 2002 14:53 RandomEyes

Printing CD contents
I like the contents listing from cdparanoia, but was frustrated trying to output it to a file for editing.

I managed to do it using cut & paste between 2 terminal windows under X-Windows. Is there any plan to allow output to sdout?

I am not a programmer, but might have a look at the source and try to hack a fix. If I do, I'll post.

RandomEyes

13 Nov 2001 04:47 child

Still holds true
Paranoia is one of those apps that i truly can't live without, to this date it hasn't failed to rip a single cd i own, even those from something like 8 years ago that has some interesting scratches.

Truly a great application.

08 Feb 2000 14:57 chouser

great tool
I have had nothing but success with this tool. It's great at ripping CDs that other apps just give up on, because of scratches and such. It has plenty of command-line options and does a good job of telling how much trouble it's having with each track.

09 Jan 2000 09:47 franksfalangajr

Works great with RedHat 6.1

Thoroughly enjoy using this application. The batch ripping and abort-on-skip features are the best. Excellent README documentation made using it with multiple readers installed much easier!

I'm using it now along with GRIP as a front end. The two work flawlessly together. I recommend this app for glibc 2.1 systems because it works nicely on both of my RedHat 6.1 systems.

28 Sep 1999 16:28 jeetendra

hidden tracks?
Are there any CD rippers that can rip "hidden" tracks (e.g. Songs in the key of X and They Might Be Giants' Factory Showroom CDs)from an audio D? Can CDParanoia do this? TIA! :-)