Comments for CheckBook Tracker

01 Apr 2009 20:41 tonymaro

The additional components needed to build from source are included in the source files - but this project has not been updated in years and the current iteration of Lazarus will likely not build the source anymore. That's why I stopped working on it - Lazarus and FreePascal were always moving my cheese.

24 Jan 2009 19:43 rlmccown

souce code
I downloaded the Lazarus/free pascal source code

Upon loading the project I got error messages

stating that Lazarus could not find the following

units:

esdsound; htmlhelp;hoverbutton;mrulist

Question?

Were these not included in source tarball?

Are they available?

Richard McCown

29 Apr 2008 16:39 trat50

Re: If it doesn't run...
Hi Tony,
I recently upgraded from PCLinuxOS .93 BigDaddy to PCLinuxOS 2007 and no longer could get CheckBook Tracker to work. After reading your post I used Synaptic to search for "pixbuf". I ended up using Synaptic to add "libgdk-pixbuf2". Now cbtracker is working great again!

I also wanted to let you know the download link on your web site might be messed up. Instead of pointing to this file:

It directs one to this incorrect location:

...which doesn't work. But maybe it's just a Firefox problem on my end. Tony, thanks for writing a great checkbook program.
I use it to do the books on our small Trucking operation. I'd be lost without it. Thanks again.

> If it doesn't run when you launch it,
> chances are you don't have the pixbuf
> libraries installed. Use your favorite
> package manager to install anything with
> "pixbuf" in the name.
> Normally this is libgtk-pixbuf2 or
> similar.
> Failing that, try opening a console and
> run it from there. Perhaps you'll get
> an error message.

22 Oct 2007 11:46 arkane

only wish is for mulitple accounts
This application is probably the closest what my dream of a simple, fast finance application with forecasting and scheduled transactions, etc... the only clincher is the single account.

Multiple accounts would seal the deal... being able to transfer between accounts on a scheduled date is the only thing I do in MS Money that this cannot do... it eats at my very heart :P

26 Mar 2007 07:32 tonymaro

If it doesn't run...
If it doesn't run when you launch it, chances are you don't have the pixbuf libraries installed. Use your favorite package manager to install anything with "pixbuf" in the name. Normally this is libgtk-pixbuf2 or similar.

Failing that, try opening a console and run it from there. Perhaps you'll get an error message.

09 Sep 2003 10:35 tonymaro

Finally! Version 1.0
I just posted 1.0. One big thing is that users of CBB (see the Freshmeat project) can now import their data into cbtracker. The QIF export of CBB was severely broken in the last release almost 2 years ago, so I implemented a direct from .cbb import. Other bugs have been fixed, and optimizations included. You'll also find a Payee report accessible by right clicking on a given transaction.

24 Mar 2003 07:16 tonymaro

Online Banking
The latest edition of CBT includes support for online banking, but ONLY through OFX files. If your bank's website allows downloading transactions in OFX format, you're set! Just download the OFX file from your bank and then import it into CBT using the "Tools+Balance From OFX".

Enjoy!

24 Dec 2002 09:51 tonymaro

Check printing howto available
It's basic right now and I plan to add screenshots later this week, but here:

<a href="http://tony.maro.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&page_id=16
">http://tony.maro.net/mod.php?mod=userpage&page_id=16

24 Dec 2002 09:11 tonymaro

Re: Non-critical, but annoying problems with list/select boxes..

> I've seen a problem getting the 'New'
> check 'Check Number' box to accept a
> 'Print' option.

Known issue - it's GTK related though. The widget appears to ignore the first mouse-click sometimes. If you press and hold or slightly drag the mouse across the "Print" text, it works. Only real answer I can give is: "it's not my code doing it."

> Side note: I've seen while searching on
> the net that there are several comments
> claiming that your program can't print
> multiple checks (ie on 3-up check
> forms). As you know (and others should)
> it CAN do so. You might do a google
> and post a correction/defence.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't googled it in a while. Perhaps I should finally get around to writing the help files... LOL

19 Dec 2002 08:15 ellisdodgetechnical

Non-critical, but annoying problems with list/select boxes..

I've seen a problem getting the 'New' check 'Check Number' box to accept a 'Print' option. Sometimes you can click on 'print' and the next check number remains. I've found a quick work-around: click on 'next number' and click elsewhere, and then click on 'print' to get the entry to change. (Apparently something is not getting properly read/set in the control).

Side note: I've seen while searching on the net that there are several comments claiming that your program can't print multiple checks (ie on 3-up check forms). As you know (and others should) it CAN do so. You might do a google and post a correction/defence.

RC