Projects / BitTorrent / Comments

Comments for BitTorrent

28 Jan 2008 14:06 arunperi

Download source code for BitTorrent Client
Hi,

I wish to start a bit torrent client as part of my project. Can you please give me a start up on it. If there is any source code written in c++, request you to please let me know so that i can learn.

Thanks,

Arun.

24 Jun 2006 10:47 bambo

bad leadership
development for linux and windows is constant, but have to wait forever to get a new version for macs, yet they have the nerve to place a flagrant donation advertisement on the application, especially now since they are a funded company.

also, their support sucks, since they only have a mailing address, not a mailing list that the public can see. so we can't see the bugs, and who would want to contribute.

09 Feb 2005 03:24 kibeles

Re: Developer question about the protocol

> Hi, I am programming a bittorrent client

> as a Perl learning project. It is

> capable of reading the tracker's

> response, prepare everything and start

> connecting to clients. However I have a

> question: I can understand what

> 'request' messages are for but what are

> 'piece' messages and what are they used

> for?

It's somewhat finished now. If anyone wants the code just ask me. Remember this was a Perl learning project. It is fully functional but rough. Areas that need improving are: re-requesting/canceling of pieces, choking algorithm, taking out two or three hard-wired constants and probably many more things. The program is completely non-interactive; you stop it by typing CTRL+C. If there is any Perl hacker out there maybe I could use some help with questions that have arisen through development. Anyway I'm redoing it in C.

28 Jan 2005 01:06 kibeles

Re: Developer question about the protocol

> Hi, I am programming a bittorrent client

> as a Perl learning project. It is

Allright, I figured that out

25 Jan 2005 07:36 kibeles

Developer question about the protocol
Hi, I am programming a bittorrent client as a Perl learning project. It is capable of reading the tracker's response, prepare everything and start connecting to clients. However I have a question: I can understand what 'request' messages are for but what are 'piece' messages and what are they used for?

26 Aug 2004 17:41 petra

Finding files to download
The Fedora homepage has DVDs and CD ISOs for download via BitTorrent, torrent.youceff.com has movies, games, tv shows, etc. and there are lots of other sites as well.

24 May 2004 06:44 blenda

Re: installation

> the install seems geared towards MS
> users... a get-apt or synaptic installer
> for BitTorrent would be very nice

There is a BitTorrent Debian package (http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/b/bittorrent/) at backports.org (http://backports.org/).

13 May 2004 00:29 Greffin

Still no proxy support?
Will there be a version wich supports proxy authorization?
Right now, the torrent files I've downloaded returns:
"Download error: Problem connecting to tracker - HTTP error 407: Proxy authorization required"

13 Mar 2004 05:07 bt9999

BitTorrent-3.4.1-1.noarch.rpm
BitTorrent-3.4.1-1.noarch.rpm.torrent (http://www.torrentz.com/torrents/view_3408/)

11 Mar 2004 23:37 loki27

Apt repository for SuSE
I've made RPM packages of BitTorrent (3.4.1 as of writing).

They're on my website: http://guru.unixtech.be/rpm/packages/Network/bittorrent/ (http://guru.unixtech.be/rpm/packages/Network/bittorrent/)

I also maintain an APT (4rpm) repository - basic info provided on the front page.