Projects / BitlBee / Comments

Comments for BitlBee

16 Jan 2006 05:49 lintux

Re: Invisible Bee
Thanks for the patch, I wish I noticed it before. Didn't know the inivisibility was broken so far! I applied this patch to devel and 1.0.1 now.

03 Mar 2005 11:12 fejf

Re: offline contact

> can u add support for display offline

> contact like rugular user, away like

> voiced and online like halfop.

> i say it to u on your IRC, but maybe

> there will be more ppl witch want it too

> and U will add it (:

i also want that feature - so i tried to do it on my own - it seams to work with icq and i absolutly dunno if it breaks anything - but if you want to try it:

28 Dec 2004 00:00 bodhione

Invisible Bee
Any idea how to mark myself invisible, using AWAY or UMOD, and how to make it selective (like "/away 2 Invisible", to mark me Invisible on third account) supposing that the server support this feature.

For now I make a little patch to make me invisible for Y!, with "/away Invisible". I didn't test it too much.

Take it from:

Joy,

Bodhi

19 Oct 2004 04:24 Lolii

offline contact
can u add support for display offline contact like rugular user, away like voiced and online like halfop.

i say it to u on your IRC, but maybe there will be more ppl witch want it too and U will add it (:

24 Sep 2004 04:46 lintux

Re: Great idea, but still not there
Correction: Version 0.91 (which will be released really soon) and newer will support ICQ server-side buddy lists.

0.90 was supposed to support them as well, but the support wasn't ready for release yet at the time 0.90 came out so I pulled it.

24 Sep 2004 04:38 jelmervernooij

Re: Great idea, but still not there

> Downloading the contact list is not

> possible for ICQ, but for other

> protocols it does work, and there are

> some scripts available to convert

> contact lists from other programs to

> BitlBee.

as of version 0.90, ICQ server side buddylists are

supported.

17 Aug 2004 12:54 Maitre

Re: Jabber issue - solution?
Right. After a little packet capture, I was able to glean that the alert messages contain the tag , while messages from other users contain . A quick grep through protocols/jabber/jabber.c revealed that (from what I could tell) only messages with type=chat were being handled.

Odds are there are other message types in the jabber protocol; would it be feasible to just handle any type of message?

13 Aug 2004 13:57 Maitre

Re: Jabber issue
Sorry I've been away from this thread for so long, but I'm back with some interest here. I was not able to find any errors relating to this issue. All I know is, the automatic alert system uses a simple perl script to connect to the jabber server and send a message. Users (including me) on any other jabber client can receive alerts, but any user on bitlbee fails to receive.

Any suggestions on what sort of traffic I should be looking for, or how to go about grabbing it?

09 Aug 2004 07:07 XyborX

Re: Brilliant idea, but slight execution problem.

I had this problem as well. Just today I got the idea of looking at /etc/xinet.conf and saw

only_from = localhost

Tried disabling that, and bingo.. success =)

// I know the question is old, but hopefully it will help somebody out there

21 Apr 2004 05:56 lintux

Re: The Bee owns
Well, it handles messages from people who are off-line quite well, normally. I don't know what's the problem here then, the Jabber module seems to be a bit bad at some points.

Do you have more information about how the message fails to be delivered? Some error messages? Traffic logs/dumps?