Projects / BitchX / Comments

Comments for BitchX

25 Feb 2013 07:16 sinie

Incorrect. Until otherwise stated, caf runs the project off of Sourceforge which is where www.bitchx.org is pointed to. I saw what dan said on Freenode and he's not the voice of the project.

If caf decides to start using github as the primary codebase then we'll update the site here to reflect that change. In the meantime dan and I have had this conversation already and caf is lead on the project and if he tells me to move the pointers to github on here I will do so.

23 Feb 2013 07:44 cz3141

The info here is dated. Active development of BitchX continues, see http://www.bitchx.ca for project info. For current versions check out the github repository at https://github.com/BitchX .

29 Nov 2006 09:43 svart

DCC_MAX_AUTOGET_SIZE
Unfortunately the DCC_MAX_AUTOGET_SIZE has some limits and cannot be set very high. I'm not sure if this is was intended to be so. --Ann (http://www.quotesdb.info)

08 Dec 2005 07:57 sinie

Re: New version


>

> %

> % We don't have a

> % need to sanitize and hide things from

> % people.

>

>

> There would have been no need to hide

> only the tcl behind a binary to keep

> from "too many implementations" of it in

> the *first place* if that were (anywhere

> close to being) true. When you explain

> this w/o using an out such as "the

> license doesnt require us to explain",

> maybe you might have some credibility.

> Or are you just going to redirect people

> to the forums, only to discredit what is

> true?

>

seth,

You've proven time and again that you're only interest in

this project is to discredit anyone associated with it.

People do not have to justify or supply you or anyone else

for reasons they might have in doing something such as

pana had done with tcl.c. You're justification for bitching

about this is simply because you can and nothing else.

You've supplied the community with no credible truth to

anything you've stated and you've proven beyond a doubt

that you're intent is only to discredit and slander persons

that in the past have been involved with the project.

My explanations for what has transpired in the past are to

the best of my ability to explain. pana has every right like

any other software author to hide pieces of their code

behind the license they are using if it allows them to do so

simply because they can or for whatever reason they pull

out of their ass.

The code is what it is. It was released by pana to a

handful of people over the years to help support various

platforms they wanted tcl support ported. The goal was

accomplished and it was never as big of a deal as you've

made it out to be with these petty, childish, and

inaccurate rants you have posted here.

When you're able to stop making slanderous comments

and actually show valid proof of what you're saying,

someone will give a rats ass. As I've stated and others

have in the past; the original tcl.c, which has been

modified over the years, was so presented at the time to

persons developing eggdrop at the time and at no point did

they ever see any similarity between what pana had put

together and what they were using. The only people that

had a right to bitch or complain never said a word and that

to me makes you suspect as only being a shit disturbing

little prick that wants to cause a scene for his own

exposure since you have no signature on radar anywhere

else in your pathetic life.

You can continue writing these pathetic comments,

change gears and come after me or anyone else you like.

The burden of proof is on your shoulders and whether

anyone chooses to respond to your mediocre,

hypothetical, and outright slanderous accusations is up to

them. I've decided to let you stew from time to time and

respond at a later date just because.. I can. I've seen

that any direct response to you is always followed up by

these ignorant accusations that we're hiding something or

that we have to come up with proof to back up what we're

saying and have been for years. Wrong. In this case the

license clearly gives pana and anyone else using the same

type of license the right to not disclose portions of the

code which they author. He went the extra step, included

others that were outsiders to review what he had wrote.

They never came at him and they never released the code

out of respect for pana. Others directly involved in the

project also demonstrated the same loyalty and respect for

pana over the years and never once released that piece of

code except to persons who were part of the project in

some fashion.

Is your bitterness driven from the fact that you some how

were attempting to be involved with the project and were

rejected due to your fragile personality problems? It

seems to me that you spent a lot of time flaming pana

and others (myself included) all for some sort of attention

you could not gain any other way? You should seriously

seek some form of medical intervention for these issues

and step away from your computer for a long time to

come. You're unstable and you cry over things that only

matter to people that have no life at all or are just trying

to shine a spotlight on them by attempting to create

drama where there was none. You, by example, have

shown the community exactly the type of person you are

with these repeated false accusations and attempts to

discredit persons who are only doing the best they could to

supply the public with information and access to a product

of interest. This makes you the boy the cried wolf one too

many times.

Good day

Rob Andrews

sin@bitchx.org

04 Mar 2005 19:16 sethstorm

Re: New version


>

> We don't have a

> need to sanitize and hide things from

> people.

There would have been no need to hide only the tcl behind a binary to keep from "too many implementations" of it in the *first place* if that were (anywhere close to being) true. When you explain this w/o using an out such as "the license doesnt require us to explain", maybe you might have some credibility. Or are you just going to redirect people to the forums, only to discredit what is true?

02 Mar 2005 15:43 sinie

Re: New version


> Where sin has nothing more than

> arrogance, is here. Over there, he has

> friends to defend him. The pressure that

> made this measure necessary was the same

> that made the source availible(albeit

> sanitized and purposely outdated).

>

Again, I think you need to grow up and get over this already. We don't have a need to sanitize and hide things from people.

02 Mar 2005 15:28 sinie

Re: BitchX is not distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL!!!
It's amazing that you would actually attempt to fire this argument up again. seth, you have no basis in fact for anything you say. You accuse those of us involved with the cilent of a great many things yet not once over the years has anything malicious resulted of tcl.c and those using it as part of the client. This is a fact.

The reason that the client was so widely used is even though tcl.c was kept from the public, which again was within Colton's right to do so under the terms of the BSD license, is because unlike a number of people out there, he never one time allowed nor himself misused this piece of withheld code to perform any sort of malicious behaviour with the cilent which could or did result in damage, invasion, or any other illegal activity.

You have ranted about this and attempted to make yourself sound as if you are the only source that can be right. I am stating thing based purely in fact and facts that I didn't fabricate or invent but that were there predating my taking up the lead for this project from the PR standpoint.

Your accusations are without any substance and your arrogance is clear even though you seem to accuse me of a number of things including being arrogant which couldn't be further from the truth considering I've stated nothing but the truth.

All of this said, you are simply whining like a little bitch because someone would not share something with you that you wanted and have been repeatedly denied. With the close of the 1.x dist you no longer have any grounds to complain or whine about this issue nor do you have any rights to continue to accuse people of things which you have never had any basis in fact for in the first place. good day and good bye..

02 Mar 2005 15:00 sethstorm

Re: Follow your own advice first.


>

> What gives you the right to come along

> and accuse the channel ops or anyone

> else involved with this project of

> anything underhanded?

Only the tcl.c, nothing else.

> For years the only problems that have

> ever resulted of this client are people

> like you who come along and are

> irritated, turning into script kiddies,

> and pulling off stupid DDoS attacks in

> order to cause troubles on distro sites

> and insert hacked code into the client

> on fake distro sites.

>

> Not one time has BitchX ever had a

> release where intentional backdoors or

> hacks in the client were inserted for

> intent and use to abuse or cause issues

> with persons from a remote standpoint.

>

> While the project has come to a slowdown

> in development because of a changing of

> the guard, it does not mean that the

> standards of the clients release policy

> have changed. For the last 3 years I

> have managed to handle the distribution

> side of the cilent on the FTP sites and

> more recently the faq, scripts, bugs,

> forums and other resources which are now

> available for those involved in the

> continuing project.

>

> You've continued to spew utter nonsense

> for some time thinking that you are the

> only one that is right. The BSD License

> was adopted for this project for

> legitimate reasons by Colton and its not

> up to you or anyone else to question him

> or his code. No one that develops for

> Eggdrop has one time bitched about

> tcl.c. The debate ended a dark age ago

> and you continue to spread your opinion

> as if its a fact when you haven't once

> bothered to investigate what it is

> you're speaking about and have any

> conclusive evidence to back.

I await the facts, not a hollow defense, only on the tcl.o/tcl.c code - not the rest of the client.

> Since tcl.c has been publically release

> with the close of the 1.x BitchX project

> this debate is long since closed.

> However you are still not nor have you

> ever been in the right and you owe not

> just the people you've insulted here,

> but the community in general, an apology

> for spreading ignorance when you should

> have just RTFM.

No apology is needed or will ever arrive while the issue is this way.

02 Mar 2005 14:38 sethstorm

Re: New version


> Official announcements about the client

> are "Officially" released on

> www.bitchx.org and www.cyberpunkz.org

>

> This has been a fact for over two years.

> Freshmeat hasn't been an active

> announce or release site for the project

> in several years because of the foolish

> dialogs that have taken place here over

> the dispute of the BSD License and

> tcl.c.

>

>

Where sin has nothing more than arrogance, is here. Over there, he has friends to defend him. The pressure that made this measure necessary was the same that made the source availible(albeit sanitized and purposely outdated).

02 Mar 2005 14:32 sethstorm

Re: BitchX is not distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL!!!


>

> % from GNU GPL:

>

>

> What part of BSD License isn't clear for

> those of you literate enough to read?

>

Guess you put yourself with Ewing on this one. In the losing corner.

> again this is incorrect and anyone that

> bothered to ask the right question would

> know that tcl.c never has been derived

> from eggdrop. It's amazing how you spew

> ignorance in the face of lacking fact to

> support this assumption. As you know

> hopefully: Assumption is the mother of

> all stupidity.

>

>

>

> This is said over and over again making

> it appear that the two of you have no

> clue as to the completely foolish

> position you've put yourselves in.

Proving yourself once again, that you provide no fact whatsoever.

> This is the most pathetic debate ever.

> It had nothing to do with him being a

> snob or having a piss attitude about it.

> It had everything to do with Colton

> taking some pride in something he wrote

> for a client that he worked hard on for

> a number of years. Ungrateful

> individuals like you come along, spew

> utter lies and talk about things you

> have no first hand knowledge of, and it

> gets left to those of us that know and

> have been around this project since

> before it's inception when bitchx was

> still just an IRC script to load under

> ircII to come along and educate you in a

> way that you deserve. Public humilation

> is a wonderful thing.

Amazing how you can say a lot and yet say nothing about the issue. You bring no facts to the table about tcl.c, and only release a sanitized, and probably old module of tcl.c. With dates in 1996 of the last known tcl module source, it is highly unlikely that this is the same version that was in binary modules- and more of arrogance about "too many implementations".

Screenshot

Project Spotlight

ReciJournal

An open, cross-platform journaling program.

Screenshot

Project Spotlight

Veusz

A scientific plotting package.