Projects / Anjuta IDE / Comments

Comments for Anjuta IDE

01 Feb 2010 13:17 samjam

Just for the record, I've stuck with anjuta and I think it's great. Thanks very much for your generous effort.

05 Nov 2007 05:38 khnaba

Re: bah! Re: beats kdevelop then?

> It can't even "remember" to re-load the
> debugger plugin each time -

It does. It will remember the plugins for each project and everytime a project is loaded, it loads all the plugins last used with it. So different project can have different set of plugins loaded. You should enjoy that feature.

> doesn't matter so much as it crashes
> when I start a debug session anyway....
> ah well.... I'll wait on 2.3

2.3.0 has lot of fixes in debugger. Yes, debugger has been flaky for some time, but thing are improving real fast (with gdb team's cooperation and what not). Seb has been really good in pulling these all.

Thanks.

05 Nov 2007 04:33 samjam

bah! Re: beats kdevelop then?

> Heh - the same week I switched to

> Kdevelop cos Anjuta crashed just a bit

> to much and had useless debugger

> support.

> Now..... I can go back to anjuta which

> has much better keyword completion and,

> to tell the truth, is just nicer.

It doesn't beat kdevelop not yet.

It can't even "remember" to re-load the debugger plugin each time - which doesn't matter so much as it crashes when I start a debug session anyway.... ah well.... I'll wait on 2.3

Sam

02 Nov 2007 05:38 samjam

beats kdevelop then?
Heh - the same week I switched to Kdevelop cos Anjuta crashed just a bit to much and had useless debugger support.

Now..... I can go back to anjuta which has much better keyword completion and, to tell the truth, is just nicer.

22 Mar 2006 12:28 rleesBSD

Give it a try
ANJUTA
Anjuta might be one of the most under-rated development tools of all time. I have used Borland C++ Builder, Delphi, and MS Visual C++ on windows. Anjuta is actually a better GUI development tool than any of them in all aspects except for some quirkiness (let us say that there are a few bugs yet to be fixed). Anjuta (the author's girlfriend at one point, maybe still?) should be proud.

I find that Anjuta is like a fine sports car that is a little older, and more temperamental. Certain things don't work as when new, so the expert driver knows just exactly how to handle the car in the corners and is at his best and most agile when driving his temperamental but high performance ride.

Two suggestions, though:

- Use v1.2.4 (for some reason, not posted here)
- Break up your projects with modularity so that no one project contains more than 50 classes.

02 Oct 2005 08:46 llmmix

anjuta 2.X and graphviz
Everytime when i configure it, Why i can't include graphviz?

Yes, i have read the mailing list, but still i can't..

03 Jun 2004 08:47 hvx

Anjuta is not stable
I´ve been using for a few years, its a fine piece of software. However, anjuta is full with bugs. Right now, there are 220 open bugs on the sf site. I cant count the times anjuta crashed on me and my friends, not to mention lots of features which just dont work. I wish the developers would feature freeze anjuta and put all resource into bugfixing. After that, anjuta would be my favourite light IDE again, with nothing comparable around...

08 Dec 2003 18:31 x86_alex

Re: I can't input Chinese word.

> Could you please tell me how to input
> Chinese character?

Here's a simple patch for Chinese input, it is for 1.1.97, but maybe it can be used for 1.2, it is not very accurate, but it do work:

If you can see Chinese, you can goto the thread discuss about the patch:

I don't know why the developer didn't fix the bug for long times.

19 Oct 2003 19:01 ice9973

I can't input Chinese word.
Could you please tell me how to input Chinese character?

27 Jul 2003 17:50 Rabayn

Absolutely fantastic
This is one of the best IDE's I have ever used. For those of you a little tired with the vi/emacs thing this package is incredible. And for you programmers who are coming over from windows, it will feel very familiar and comfortable.